“Perfect in every way”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice, clean comfortable break in the middle of PA right off of 80. Perfect place to stop for a night. Front desk clerk, Wynn was especially helpful getting us settled the nice before Hurricane Sandy rolled into town. The room was very clean and quiet. Large bathroom and really comfortable beds. Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a very pleasant surprise for a hotel chain in the middle of nowhere. It seemed new or newly renovated. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and our stay was peaceful. We didn't partake in the free breakfast, but the room looked clean and pleasant. I find Hampton Inns to be fairly dependable for a decent room. This location was above expectations.

Room Tip: We woke up to a picturesque farm scene in the fields and mountains at the back of the hotel. Beauti...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had been traveling all over the country for two weeks and had logged in more than 4,500 miles on our car. This was our last night on the road and we arrived very tired. For whatever reason, we were upgraded to a suite and it was a real treat. We had plenty of room to spread out our luggage and other items, such as a cooler, which we had lugged around the country. We loved having the extra space, the mini refrigerator and separate sink. Also, a plus for us was having the bathroom sink outside the shower and toilet. As a family of three it made it much easier for us to all wash up. One of us could be in the shower while the other was brushing his teeth. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the view from our room was peaceful and scenic--a cornfield and mountains.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As usual we picked the Hampton to stop on our travel back to NY. We stayed here about 2 years ago and unfortunately the hotel was not up to our standards. Price was not competitive and could not use coupon on King room. Front desk not very helpful or friendly. Our room had a jacuzzzi (had to pay extra to get King bed) that had a broken handle sitting on the edge of tub. The tiles in front of the tub had no grout in them. When I reported it, the young fellow offered to move us but we were too tired. The elevator rug needed a cleaning as did the front entryway. The breakfast was good and the sitting room was clean. We expected more from the Hampton. Also, limited restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irene d
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here traveling from NYC to Chicago. It was in the middle of no where but we found a relatively nice chinese place that delivered. The restaurants nearby were closing soon and they didn't look like our style. The bed was amazingly cozy and the front desk clerk (Jonathon) was super nice - almost too nice. He could have used some help at the desk - all by himself with a line out the door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This Hampton Inn and Suites is nice, the price was a little high, but I got the room for its’ location, and it is a good location. I stopped here to sleep on the way to Detroit during a multi-stop MLB roadtrip this August. The entrance was a bit hard to find, but after a quick u-turn, I made it. I arrived a few hours before check-in time but was still able to check in. The staff was very kind, asking me how my 6 hour drive was and informing me of the amenities and breakfast available. The bed was comfortable, if a bit firm, and very important to me, the room was extremely clean, including the bathroom. I used both the pool and hot tub, both were great. I was able to park where I could view my fully-packed car from my room. I had a nice mountain view looking off over Route 80 and opened the curtains up watching and waiting on the sun to set. At night the room was extremely quiet. I was able to hear the ice maker in the hallway somewhat, though I could not hear the elevator, though I was only two rooms away. I slept well, had some of the decent breakfast in the morning and got back on the road quickly. This Hampton Inn met my needs by far for this trip and i would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We called ahead from the road and found this hotel to be quite accessible from I-80. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was super clean and inviting, We ended up with a suite and if you're able, try for one yourself. Although a few more dollars, ours faced a corn field, and the view was pastoral and quieting. The room had a fridge and microwave (under a separate sink as you entered the room), a large closet and full length mirror.

What we would suggest, and has been our experience at other Hamptons, is to dump the powdered eggs and rubber bacon in favor of microwave breakfast sandwiches as some other large chains have done. There's always the fresh fruit, oatmeal, and yogurt for a bit healthier start to the day.

We can't speak to the other amenities as we didn't use the pool, etc.

We have another trip coming up in October that will take us along the same route. My guess is that we'll most likely try to stay here on the return leg.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven
Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar? Share your experiences!