“Great mom & pop”

FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you're looking for a stay comparable to the Plaza in NYC, move on. However, if you're looking for a no-frills, clean and friendly stay at a reasonable price, the Milford comes through. The owner let us inspect the room before we committed (as we do with all mom and pop hotels) and room was very clean including the bathroom, which is usually the first to show deterioration in these places. The room included a refrigerator and the ice machine is in the lobby (if you think ice machines are a given at motels, think again). We stayed for two nights and would again if in the Milford area. An extra plus, the morning we were about to leave we found we found we left our vehicle's interior light on overnight. Not enough juice to start, but the owner produced her own jumper cables and gave us a jump so we didn't have to go begging. In all a very pleasant stay and very amenable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank schnauzersdad

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We used to stay at the Milford Motel for years - then, the owners, sold it to the present owners and it has just gone downhill since then. First, they filled in the pool. Then they treated the customers terribly (I asked for an extra blanket and was given a really hard time) - the rooms are not really clean and we found bugs in the bathroom. Don't stay here - go to Myer's across the street - much much better.

Owners are not nice and the motel has seen much better days.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siselrosha1
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stopped here and the manager would not honor the coupons from the visitor center.Then He showed us the rooms he had which he said was for smokers but there was no odor.Sry the room made me feel like something was crawling on my skin. I know the rate is cheap, but so was Myers across the street where everything was clean and the staff overly polite.Sorry we did not book another night at Myers. As for this place No Way!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JRS7
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had no issues and all went well for me. I got a decent rate as I was a late arrival. Clean tidy front and good welcome. There should be a breakfast included.

My room was as expected and clean ... as was the bathroom.

This is fine enough for an overnight or passing through.

The previous reviews by 847nymom and RichR however do worry me a lot.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Harleyclarkey
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and two kids were traveling in PA and had trouble finding motel so I went online from home in NY and used Priceline to pay for this reservation. I called motel manager to get address and confirm arrangements. One of my kids is severely autistic and travel/waiting can be hard for him. Manager asked where I made reservation and when I told him Priceline began screaming at me that he had no rooms and would not honor my reservation because I had paid less. Then he admitted he had rooms but would not give them to my family because he was charging more than I had paid. He did not want to pay commission and as result my family sat in sweltering heatwave for over an hour while I tried to find another hotel.

Room Tip: Never use this motel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 847nymom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We started our July 4th weekend in Milford. Everything was pretty well booked up, but I was able to reserve one of the last rooms here. As others have said, it is an older place, back off the road behind some nice pines. Our room was pretty expensive, at $85. I sure hope it's cheaper in the off season. The neon sign was a nice bonus for the retro fan (me), but it was only worth it because other places were full.

The room was very large, and clean enough. The furnishings were a bit dated, but nothing was broken. The bathroom had suffered through an '80s remodel, losing all its vintage charm and 'gaining' one of those ridiculous one piece plastic shower/tubs that has no flat surfaces to put your soap on. The bed was comfortable, and we left the back window open for some fresh air. Milford is a small town, and the little highway was very quiet at night. You are at the northern road out of town, but it's less than 5 minutes into downtown.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in the motel for two nights. I turned on the heat the first night and it diddnt work. I call the owner and he said he would fix it. Did not happen. I was so cold . The next day the lady gave me a plug in heater and it work for 3 hours , i woke up so cold i could see my breath. The next day i checked out and ask for a copy of my recp. he started a fight with me in front of my child. I would not raise my voice i just said to him that im not asking for anything i wouldnt get if i stayed anywhere else. They told me that they should charge me extra for having the tv on all night. lol...I was to cold to get out of bed and turn it off. And anyhow why the hell was he by my room that close in the middle of the night. Perv. I will never stay there again . id rather sleep out side.
ps
the bed was so hard it felt like a sheet of 3/4 inch ply wood

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Rich R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
0 mi away
#1 of 6 in Milford
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!