“Delicious! Great service!”
Review of Black Bear Cafe - CLOSED

Black Bear Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The best Mexican food in Milford.
Description: The best Mexican food in Milford.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, people were really friendly, and the cost was reasonably ($13 for a huge combination platter).

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Odd placeto fine, not sure what it really is trying to be.....Food was good but more than should be. But for mexican food this is it I guess. More of a take-out place I would say.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

we went to the Black Bear for dinner one night at the recommendation of our BnB hosts. We were not disappointed. It's a small place with only a few seats, but the food is well worth the wait for one of the tables. The chicken chipotle and black bean soups were among the best we've ever had. We returned on Father's Day after a long day of exploring the area, only to discover that they closed early on Sundays. The chef was on his way out the door and came over and talked to us, and was genuinely disappointed that we had missed their open hours for that day and our quest for soup and salsa had failed. He excused himself, and returned a few minutes later with soup, salsa, and chips for us, complimentary. It was the perfect end to a great day. We will definitely be back, as many times as we can, the next time we are up that way.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I would love this place if it were in a larger space with comfy tables and seating. The food is fresh and made to order, and people are friendly, but there isn't any room to relax and have a private conversation. Only a few tables, mostly high with stool seating, and line for food is down center of the tiny room. Not comfortable. This has kept me from going back, even though I'd otherwise be happy to support it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Was swinging through Milford and needed to get lunch. Saw the great reviews for Black Bear Cafe and thought I would try it out. It's a small place, only six tables, but it's nicely set up. I had the hard tacos and they were delicious and nicely presented. With the snapple that I had to drink, my lunch came to $10. I would definitely come back again!