“delightful small motel, family run, with great location, excellent service and good prices”

Scottish Inns Milford
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed January 4, 2014

It was a delight to stay here. This is a small family run establishment as compared to a huge chain type of place. The personal touches are evident. One of our night lights was burned out in our room and the owner went to a lot of trouble to fix it immediately. Most motels, especially at this price level, don't even have night lights. This is a very small place and the rooms are not all the same. Very high level of service and desire to meet every reasonable expectation of their guests. This place is located just off I-84 and is easy to get to. We paid $70.85 for two in August of 2013. We found this place courtesy of TripAdvisor and so far as we could tell, this place is totally deserving of the high rating it has. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a little different. Hard to say which would be best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
United States
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The Scottish Inns in very clean and the bathroom is new and very clean so as the towels. This is my second time staying in and I would highly recommended for any one stopping in Milford. The management are very nice and try they best to accommodate the guest.
If you don't like the noisy street you can ask for a back room.

Stayed December 2013
Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been inspecting bridges throughout sussex county nj between Sept and Jan 2013, 3 days a week. Because of the project location and work, it was economical to stay in the area. This is a work related project, the cost for subsistence must be adhered to.

I found the Scottish Inn through tripadvisor. I made the reservation for the first week not knowing what I would find since my previous stay to this area in 2012 at a neighboring hotel was approximately 60% more costly. To my surprise and my fellow workers, the Scottish Inn in Milford exceeded our expectations and certainly met all our needs. The owners Mina and Andy have been wonderfully helpful, the rooms exceptional clean, and rooms have all the basic needs of a road warrior. The only issue noticeable was the traffic from the interstate, could get a bit noisy at times, but seasoned travelers find this issue everywhere.

Also, the dinner next door, The Village Diner, has great food at a reasonable cost, clean atmosphere, and certainly convenient for our stay. And, Maria's pies are the best around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Always stay here when I am working in the area. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are clean and well kept and more than adequate. Location is nice, near stores, food, and the highway. Overall I definetly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Came to Milford for a couple of days and stayed here because of the great reviews I read. I was not disappointed at all. Great location and great staff. I will definitely come back when I'm back in town.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bronx, New York
Reviewed November 15, 2013

After the hurricane last year, I booked 2 rooms. The gentleman who checked us in said we could stay as long as we needed until our electricity was restored. The second day we were there, the woman told me she had to move one of our rooms as she wanted to give mine to some guests who come every year. I explained that I had to stay where I was as my 84 yr. old handicapped mother needed me close at hand. We had rooms next to each other .She was pretty rude about it ,the gentleman came out and said we could stay where we were. The next day she apologized. The following day she said an out of state electric company wanted a lot of rooms for their employees and she would need our room. I guess the thought of money got in the way of her manners.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Silverfox957
Port Jervis, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed for a week and it was a pleasant, clean and comfortable place. Rates are good and would recommend to anyone to stay at Scottish Inns. close to shopping, dinner next door has excellent food.If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place this is the place to go.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hampton Inn Matamoras
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center

Been to Scottish Inns Milford? Share your experiences!