“Worst experience”

Add it.
Tom Quick Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Talk about a restaurant leaving a "BAD TASTE" in your mouth!! Worst service, worst food, and worst experience I can remember having! On June 9, 2012, after my friend & I waited 40 minutes for the waitress to appear at our table on the porch to take our order, she did not return again for almost an hour with our food. There were only 4 or 5 other tables occupied at the time, and no food was being served to any of them. Well, it certainly was NOT worth the wait!! My "prime rib" sandwich, described as a "thick slice of PRIME RIB served open face on a CRISP slice of white bread with swiss cheese & AU JUS. It turned out to be only what I can describe as poor quality deli-thin- sliced roast beef, on a super soggy piece of bread with a disgusting gravy (probably from a can) poured over it. It was simply DISGUSTING, and to think I paid $10.00 for it!! My friend's Grilled Rueben also was mis-represented on the menu. Instead of corned beef, or pastrami, I think the cook hit the deli again, this time for what I strongly suspect was ham! When we complained to the waitress, she responded with such an attitude, saying the rueben meat was indeed corned beef, and that she had told me the prime rib was more like an "standard" open face sandwich!!! We will never return to this establishment unless the place is taken over, again, with new owners, cooks, and serving staff. It is such a waste of an historic building :-{

2  Thank Connie_CT

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I ordered the fish and chips which consisted of burnt greasy fish and french fries (the fries being the only edible part). My husband ordered linquini and got fettechini which was all stuck together in clumps. The sauce tasted terrible. He could not eat it. When we complained we were ignored by the so called chef, no apologies or anything. Would not go there again. Felt sorry for the server.

1  Thank janisa64
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My friend and I had lunch on the porch on June 9, and will never go back. The drinks came quickly, but we finished those before we even saw the surly waitress back to take our order. Then we waited for 45 minutes for the food! There was no action with food deliveries for any of the tables, so we wondered whether there was a problem in the kitchen. But the waitress never even bothered to offer an explanation for the delay. When the food finally arrived, it was pretty disgusting. My friend ordered the prime rib sandwich with melted Swiss cheese - oh my, it came up on a soggy piece of white bread and I have never before seen prime rib look like steak-ums floating in a googey grey gravy. Also, there was no Swiss cheese, which the waitress explained away as the dish did not include Swiss cheese. My friend asked to see a menu, and showed the waitress that it should have cheese, but then the waitress replied, "well, your friend got the last of the cheese on her Reuben."! As for my Reuben, it appeared to be made with ham instead of corned beef, and when this was brought to the attention of the waitress, she vehemently insisted it was corned beef. I have never before had pale pink corned beef that tasted exactly like ham.
So save yourself from a horrible experience at Tom Quick, and instead have lunch at Bar Louis or the Dimmick Inn! Both of these places are adequate to very good, depending upon what you order, and are within close walking distance.

1  Thank CathJ608
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hostess was sweet, but LOOKOUT, the waitress was surly, and disgruntled. Half the items on the menu we not available, and this was at 6:30pm.

1  Thank OspreyElephant
Reviewed May 9, 2012

With the lack of outdoor seating on a beautiful day in Milford PA, the porch of the Tom Quick Inn was one of the only choices. The drinks and food was mediocre at best. The worst part of the experience was the service. It was not busy at all yet more time was spent waiting than anything else. I thought service would be better at the bar inside, but unfortunately I was wrong. The place is not worth the wait.

3  Thank ClarePA