“Charming... Great Food Experience.... Awesome NYC Getaway”
Review of River Rock Inn American Bistro - CLOSED

River Rock Inn American Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Country Inn
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Really charming , great food that was also creative . A great NYC getaway... Nice homey rooms, and this little hotel is in a lovely area... Really felt like an "Inn". Awesome front porch... Cocktails were great. We saw this place on Gordon Ramsey and spent the weekend here. The whole town was fun too... Cute shops, lovely homes , everything walkable. Was a Farmers market right next door which we loved. Loved walking around and hanging out here... And it was less than two hours from midtown. Went to a nice show at the little theatre and took a tour of Grey Towers as well... Fun weekend overall.

2  Thank DavidNYC

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything went great and I do recommend the restaurant. Will be going back again whenever is possible.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Some members of our car club thought we'd support this struggling restaurant because we'd like to see the Ken, the owner/chef succeed. So 17 of us went for what is best described as "Gourmet Burger Night". The regular menu was also available. We made a reservation, so there should have been no surprise at the large group. Some of us arrived early and had drinks at the very small bar. When most of the group had arrived, we were seated in the main dining room. There were no other diners in that dining room, but there were other folks in others areas of the restaurant. Our group had two servers, both very efficient and lovely. Our orders were placed, and then the wait began!
At this point, we began seeing meals coming out of the kitchen going to the other dining rooms, which filled well after our arrival, but still we waited.
After about an hour, half of our group got their food served. One of that group asked for ketchup, and waited until the rest of the group was served, probably 15-20 minutes, until she was served her ketchup. My food was good, but some others complained about dryness of their burgers, and toughness of their pork.
This restaurant strives to be one of the best, but unfortunately falls short of that goal. Prices are on the high side, so one expects excellent food, served in a reasonable time frame.
By the way, Ken's mushroom bisque is to die for, and it was this night too, but that will not keep this restaurant afloat, I'm so sorry to say!

5  Thank Judy W
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Found this inn because no other inns had any availability for a last minute weekend getaway and boy was I lucky! It had such a feel of home to it, so quiet and comfortable. It's located just walking distance away from downtown in a quiet area. The staff was very pleasant and sweet. Check in was super easy. We had a king room and it was great! We walked in and it was beautiful. And I especially loved the pillows. And there are many so I didn't have to ask for extras. The bed was also very comfortable. My boyfriend said it had to be one of the most comfortable beds he had ever slept on. AC worked wonderfully in the hot humid weather. The bathroom was the perfect size and the shower head was able to be fixed to strong flow or soft flow. Great if your sore from hiking the mountains! Breakfast was great and it was served family style with the other guests. Food was amazing!!! The best breakfast I had ever had in an inn/hotel. Made especially to the guests by the chef. What can be better than that?!?! After breakfast they were having a market outside which was also great. I must say that I found a hidden gem here. I knew that after watching Hotel Hell that the owner Ken and the staff had a great place and they were sweet people. And instead they blew me away with their wonderful hospitality. Definitely will be back!

3  Thank Reniral2217
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good cocktail, a great meal and excellent service -- felt like I was treated as a special guest. Our table was cozy and the noise level was plenty low for conversation.