“Friendly and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of River Rock Inn American Bistro - CLOSED

River Rock Inn American Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Country Inn
Oceanside, California
“Friendly and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just stopped in to the River Rock on a whim for dinner tonight. My dinner was wonderful and the service was so warm and friendly. Our server didn't hover but seemed to always arrive just in time when our wine and water glasses needed attention or our empty plates needed to be removed. I really didn't expect the high level of service midweek in the off-season that I have previously experienced during the summer "peak season" but was so pleasantly surprised! The menu was interesting, our dinner was delicious and I was glad to reacquaint myself with one of Milford's best restaurants. Thanks to the staff and management for a lovely evening. Looking forward to coming back soon!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Allison S

Liberty, New York
“Great place, great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Delicious food. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. What more is there to say? I've been there many times, and everything was terrific. I had eaten there many times and loved it. Then Gordon Ramsay came and talked them into changing their menu and that was disappointing. Now, they have gone back to "sensible" delicious items, and I'd recommend them any time you're int Milford. The people are super nice and the drinks are also very good.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank bcandctrips12
Waitsfield, Vermont
“Valentines Day Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner experience here on Valentines Day. The drinks were excellent, the seafood flatbread appetizer to die for, and the entrees scrumptious. Did I mention the dessert of flourless chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream? The service was friendly and assured, and was there when we needed it. Overall, it was a delightful meal.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Diana E
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“relaxing rendezvous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The plan was to find a half-way point to meet my cousins from Monticello, NY and Wilkes-Barre PA where we reside. Milford PA was the idea that my cousins offered and River Rock Inn was the desination for dinner, their suggestion too. I have the most brilliant family! This is a quiet place tucked down a off-the-highway street. Small and intimate rooms which ignite a quiet hush speaking voice. We sat by the fireplace which warmed us on a cold windy night and renewed our friendship. I think being friends with family is a satisfying accomplishment. The menu offererings varied; therefore, we all got to pick and choose according to our tastebuds. Every morsel of food from soup to dessert combined a spicy-sweet taste that excited our palates. The chef/owner, Ken Pisciotta, blends the ingredients which enhances, not overpowers the fish, chicken, and meat dish ordered. Pleasant wait staff assist the guests in this fine-dining experience. I would say this is a win-win restaurant. We all agreed to return to this delightful spot again because there is no better place to meet family and friends then the River Rock Inn.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

5 STAR SCORE
Beautiful Inn
This is one of the States Best kept Secrets.
Shrimp Firecrackers to start and Praline-Coated Salmon Filet as my dinner.
The Staff and Ken-are amazing.

• Visited September 2012