“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Harrington House

Harrington House
Ranked #1 of 4 Milford B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Celebrating our 25th anniversary in the Poconos was really nice. Weak economy caused us to scale down our plans a bit, but this turned out to be a great weekend. I'm just a guy, as Bill Engvall says. And I usually don't notice, much less comment on things like decorations or ambiance. But I couldn't help but notice how nicely decorated this B & B was. Almost as soon as we walked in I said to my wife how nice it looked. Adrian is very warm and accommodating as well as helpful with suggestions. Only downside was that the beds and floorboards squeaked a lot. Put a slight damper on things. Also, the recommendation for a meal at the Muir house - only so-so. A small fly in both my water and Martini and the hush puppies were terrible - uncooked in the center. Scenery was terrific in the surrounding areas. Tennis courts at the local HS a few minutes away. Lots of walking trails. I highly recommend the HH.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Clean and tidy. Very comfortable bedroom and well thought out amenities. Excellent home cooked breakfast,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2010

What an awesome B&B - beautiful, welcoming, clean & comfortable with **amazing** breakfasts (ranging from whole wheat blueberry pancakes, to fresh veggie omlettes, to banana nut waffles and scones that were to *die* for--all homemade!!!) and a wonderful, knowledgeable hostess to boot. Definitely one of THE best places to stay in Milford, PA.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I'm sitting in the Concierge suite (and using the B&B provided laptop) at the Harrington House as I write this. I'm a solo traveller in Milford (aka Grey Towers) for a training session. There are many good things to say about the Harrington House: it's VERY comfortable...I'm one of 3 guests here this week, and I'm not just saying that because I know there are two other guests besides me. This is a very quiet, comfortable, cozy B&B. The wraparound porch is great -- lots of places to sit and watch the world of Milford go by. The conviences of being in walking distance of everything "Milford and Grey Towers" is even better. Not only do I not feel compelled to go anywhere, also knowing that I can walk anywhere is even better. First, I can walk to Grey Towers for class in the morning....nice. Second, I can walk to many fine places to eat dinner ..... and even better? If I don't feel like eating a big meal, within just a block or two of the B&B is a grocery store, a mini-mart, and wine store (hello?...yum), several great restaurants, a pharmacy -- the list goes on.

I'm staying in the Monet Room -- it's big enough for me to move around in, the quaint little antique touches are nice. My room has a flat screen TV, though small and stuck in the closet is not a big deal enough for me to complain about....as in alot of B&B's don't have individual TVs in the first place. Ok, the room key lock doesn't work the swiftest, but hey -- who's complaining. If/when I come back to Grey Towers, I will definitely say at the Harrington House again. It's very comfortable!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Staying at Harrington House was one of the real highlights of a week-long road trip through PA.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean, the parlor is inviting, as are the seating areas on the wrap-around porch. Adriane is an exceptional innkeeper, full of useful and current information about the area: she turned me on to a couple of fantastic local outings that were totally in sync with my interests.

Adriane is also a SERIOUSLY good cook! I had the pleasure of staying for 3 nights, and each morning the breakfast was fresh, different, delicious and interesting. I am proud to have been the taste-tester of a new recipe for rosemary and Parmesan scones -- SO good! And there were Belgian waffles with caramelized banana medallions one day, individual ricotta souffles another, variations on hand-cut fruit salad every time .. restaurant quality!! As I say in the title, absolutely 5 star.

And a special note for pet owners: Harrington House is above-and-beyond pet friendly. Adriane showed excellent attention to detail in preparing a room for a couple who had 2 show cats with traveling them. Her own pets are delightful friendly creatures who just add to overall atmosphere of hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great B&B, beautiful house, clean rooms. Adrianne is super accomodating and makes a great breakfast! We found Milford and Harrington House by accident and couldn't have been happier with the find! The wrap around porch is so relaxing and beautiful. Thanks Adrianne!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Adrianne does a wonderful job of making guests feel at home. Her trusted helper, Daniel the dog, is there to happily greet you, too. The inn is really clean, well located and well appointed. Adrianne makes a great healthy breakfast. Sitting around the breakfast table with the other guests really adds to the warmth. Need a suggestion about the area? Adrianne will help! Fun getaway for us.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hotel Fauchere
#3 of 6 in Milford
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Harrington House? Share your experiences!