“Best home cooked food away from home!!”
Review of Mt. Haven - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food is simply amazing! $14.95 for the buffet includes all you can eat salad bar AND pasta bar. The staff is amazing too- everyone was so nice and helpful even though they were extremely busy. Can not wait to go back!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went there for Mother's day brunch and was disappointed. The decor hasn't been changed since the 80's. I was dirty in the restaurant and restroom hallway. The food was so so nothing to rave about. The table was broken and wobbled my coffee and juice kept spilling . Been there about 10 times in the past. Never again it seems to have gotten worse over the years no improvements have been made.

1  Thank rms928
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our first time in the Poconos and we were told to eat here and we were not let down at all. The service was great. Lots of choices.Great food and you will definitley leave very full!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I went here for the breakfast buffet several times.. The breakfast was always good and the wait staff seemed very friendly.. Until one time.. We had this horrible waitress who NEVER CAME BACK TO OUR TABLE after giving us a coffee and small juice.. Now, you can't refill your drinks yourself so we were just out of luck! She kept coming into the dining room to wait on others and we were literally waving our hands in the air, trying to flag her down! She ignored us! Finally, one of the other waitresses came over and asked if we would like more coffee, which was nice! We also had several plates piled up on our table and our waitress NEVER CAME BACK TO OUR TABLE! We even had to go to the cash register to get our CHECK!!! As we paid, I told the owner (who was sitting behind the cash register) that I was leaving NO TIP and I then explained why.. At that time, the waitress FINALLY appeared and ARGUED WITH ME!! I told her that her coworkers had to give us refills and she still argued with me, saying she deserves a tip!!!! Finally, she stomped into the kitchen and called me a [--] and said we were [--]! I told the owner what she had just said and told him we would not be back... He said, "it's not my fault, why make my business suffer just because you had a bad experience?" REALLY?!?! We have not been back since!

1  Thank Toofaced
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The food and building haven't changed since 1994. They are probably still serving the leftovers from then too. Google it before eating here. It used to be good at one time and now it's such a shame and disgrace to think what it's become. It was packed for holidays, brunch, special nights, take out was flying out of there, and brides rushed to have their wedding there. Such a shame.

4  Thank TheTravelingCuRicans