“Horse back riding”

Malibu Dude Ranch
“Horse back riding”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Omg so much fun!
1st of we called to make a reservation for my daughter 13th bday. She had never been on a horse and wanted to so bad. We were driving from ny and had made the trip to milford several time in past. Heavy traffic delays and issues had us runing late for out alotted time and on saturdays they close pretty early. We ended up half an hour late and close to closing but they were really kind and allowed us to still take our rides with our regular alotted amount of time. Also im really heavy and worried for the horses because of my weight and they were stil able to accomodate me. Wonderful experience

Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Glen Head, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I just returned back home to long island, from my 3rd trip to Malibu Ranch. Finally, I had to write a review. Let me begin by stating that no matter the season, there are always activities to do. One of my favorite parts about these trips is that the staff becomes like family! I love it! My boyfriend and I have gone there together all 3 times; yes, there are a lot of families that go there as well, but honestly children have the time of their lives, but so do the adults. :D It’s actually nice to be around pleasant children, kind-of makes you want to jump in and play along. I mean, let’s be realistic, as a kid… all I wanted to do is be outside and get dirty and just have plain fun. I am so sad that I wasn’t introduced to “dude ranches” prior to my 1st experience at Malibu. I have always been against country music and the flannel shirts haha, but I have to say… I am such a moron; I have had the best memories here and the best of times. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone… CAN’T WAIT TO GO BACK IN 2 months! YAYYYYYYYY :D

Ps – I have also met the owners of this establishment, so amazingly nice and down to earth…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have lived in New York for 5 years, but originally I am from Alabama. Though, I like NY, I started to get a little bored of the city life and missing Alabama. Because of this boredom, I decided to search for something to do for fun with a slower pace, and I found The Malibu Dude Ranch. A few weekends later me and boyfriend went to the ranch and were so pleased with our choice. The staff was kind and helpful, and they really made you feel like part of their family and not guest at all. The food, the horseback riding and skeet shooting was amazing and the peaceful surroundings just added to the experience. When the day ended and the night approached, we headed to the saloon and danced the night away. We had such a great time that we just booked our second visit to the ranch. The Malibu Dude Ranch is worth every penny, so make your reservations; you want regret it and don’t forget your cowboy boots. :)

Alabama

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Malibu dude ranch is a beautiful and fun place to go. There were 5 of us, my boyfriend, his brother and his brother's wife, their mom, and I. We went during the slow season and had the whole resort to ourselves. I wasn't sure how I felt about that but I'm glad we did. The first thing we noticed was no TV in the room. Since we were used to falling asleep to the tv we were a little worried but after that thought, it didn't occur to us that we didn't have a tv. We spent every day outside, by the giant fireplace, or in the game room.
Horseback riding was the best part. We went almost everyday after breakfast and then again after lunch. Where some places just put you on a horse and you go a path in line, they actually teach you how to ride a horse. Joe and I had a wonderful time learning and making a realationship with the horses (Smokey, Xena, and Choc-ta are awesome!! Hope I spelled them right.) The guides are really good at reading people and putting them on horses that will make them the most comfortable.
When we had to leave :( it felt like we were leaving family behind rather than a resort. We got to know most of the employees and I feel like we made some friends there.
If Malibu is reading this get ready because the Buzzo clan and Mama Fran are coming next summer!!!!!!

Room Tip: Main lodge is in the middle of everything.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel P
Williamson, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just spent 3 1/2 days on the Malibu Ranch with my sister and my niece. Our first experience on the ranch. The staff made us feel like family. The rides were unbelievable and the food was so delicious. The rooms and the entire lodge was so clean and neat. I would recommend this vacation to all my friends and family. The price was right and experience unforgetable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pedee52
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family stayed at Malibu Dude Ranch this past weekend. This was my first experience at a Dude Ranch! We had a wonderful stay, our room was in the main lodge and I am always concrerned about the cleanliness of my room, but I must say that our room was very clean and comfortable! actually got a great nights sleep! the food was excellent! I loved the the french toast, and the kiddies loved the chocolate chip pancakes! Lunch and dinner was delish! Very relaxing atmosphere,staff is most courteous, We loved the horseback riding, the wranglers were friendly and informative on the trail, you can ride as much as you would like. The snow covered trails were great! They had a mechanical bull that weekend, which my daughter tried out numerous times! We enjoyed the hayride, and the bonfire warmed us up afterward. They have a saloon also that you can have a drink to warm you up ! We totally enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Massapequa, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were looking to do something different so the suggestion of spending a couple of nights at the Malibu Dude Ranch seemed like a good fit. We asked our 2 youngest (9 & 15) and they jumped at the opportunity after hearing that they would be able to go horseback riding as well as ride a mechanical bull. The place is as clean as it is rustic looking, which is very. The staff is as friendly a staff you will ever meet without having to travel abroad. It was obvious to us that they all wanted our stay to be a great one, which it was. The food is outstanding. I mean really, it's a dude ranch and I expected hotdogs, burgers and fries but instead we ate roast beef, country fried chicken, linguini with claim sauce and ravioli in marinara sauce. The lunches and breakfasts' were just as impressive. The activities, though somewhat limited due to extreme cold weather, were enough to keep us busy. The Horseback riding (unlimited) was awesome (my first time) as I found that the horse(s) were very responsive and well mannered. We also did some target shooting as well as snow tubing on the premises. The indoor pool was available to us but we can do pools anywhere.....Great Location, Great Food, Great Staff, Great Fun and Very Clean. What more can you ask for...?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ALCplus5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to Malibu Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!