“an awesome expierence”
Review of Malibu Dude Ranch

Malibu Dude Ranch
Reviewed May 30, 2011

the staff at malibu is second to none and a great value fror the money from the moment u arrive until the moment u leave you will feel like you have a new family ijust cant say enough of doc,phyllis,george, tom,the list goes on and on i definatly will be returning soon and often

Room Tip: all the rooms are great here
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spole66

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed at the Malibu Dude Ranch this past weekend with our Girl Scout Troop & had an excellent vacation. The staff was very easy going & friendly. The meals provided were delicious and they made sure to accommodate any special dietary needs. The girls went swimming, boating, horseback riding, tried archery and spent time at the rifle range. They had a turn at a mechanical bull ride, a hayride & bonfire. The horseback riding trails were long and interesting, the guides were very courteous and knowledgeable and the horses were gentle and manageable. I would recommend this trip for any family, large groups, couples or scouts. There were plenty of activities and the accommodations were comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My son and I have been to Malibu several times in the last year, and each time has been a great experience. The ranch is under new management, and although the new owner had only met me once (after he had only owned the place for 3 weeks) he not only remembered me and my son, but welcomed us with a hug. The food has definitely improved, and the whole place is being updated and looks great. Can't wait to try the brand new, indoor pool next time we go!

Although I saw some reviews indicating that the ranch is not kid friendly, I must disagree. The entire staff was wonderful with my son. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way for us, especially the wranglers. We rode several times each day, and also used the boats in the lake and the rifle range. We also fished and did archery. Had such a great time, we're going back again in July for the rodeo! Thanks, Doc and the Malibu staff!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Iluvhorses23
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Great trip with my kids. (14 and 11). My son had a great time with target shooting, archery, fishing, and riding. Special thanks to Rob who taught us some tips about western riding and also teaching my son who rode only a few times before. Thanks to Tom who always had horses available for us to suit our level of riding. My daughter loved the ranch and especially Pepper, Cheyenne and Sierra. Cabins are outdated but clean, water doesn't run well in shower but bath works fine. No TV but that's ok, there's plenty to do and the kids were always tired by the time we returned to cabin at night. Food was good, better towards the weekend. Activities were great, especially the trail rides. Target shooting was a favorite. Don't 4get your fishing rods. Ranch provides bows/arrows, basketballs/tennis, you can skeet/target shoot for $ (25 shots/35 shots). Bring your own ATVs if you have them. Property is very nice to explore. Staff is extremely friendly and make you feel like home. Grounds are beautiful. fishing is great/boats provided. Main lodge rooms are renovated if you want to stay in main lodge. 3 square meals a day. Snack machines available for extra. Bring your own snacks if you need xtra. Pool being renovated, looks like it will be very nice.

Room Tip: main lodge upstairs for renovated rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I can't even begin to tell you what a great time we had at Malibu Ranch. The staff was fantastic and the food was delicious. George found out about my vegetarian diet and boy did he go all out. I haven't eaten that good in a while! The riding was awesome (Maggy Mae- I love ya!) and shooting with Bill was a great time. We can't wait to go back! Feel like I've left my family there and I will miss them until we can get back. Which will be soon!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The people we met on our weekend trip and the staff was one of the nice highlights of this trip. We found all the staff to be so great. They all went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They are currently making some major renovations and can't wait to return in the future to see how everything turns out. On the way home my 12 year old son said it was the best weekend trip he has EVER been on. Granted it is not a 5 star hotel and there were no televisions in the room but I can honestly say that we didn't miss or need the T.V. Love the big fireplace in the lobby..... Looking foward to seeing the indoor pool finished!! Great place to have fun and meet some really nice people.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We just returned from our 3 night stay at Malibu. We had a great time. We brought up our quads and roamed the property. Horseback riding was lots of fun, a special Thank You to Rob who turned out to be our little girls favorite Cowboy. And also to Tom who always made sure we got the best rides. I can't say enough about the staff, they are friendly ,helpful, and seem to genuinely love what they do. The new owners are wonderful people, very down to earth and friendly, always making sure everyone is having a great time. The food is good and even on one night when our little girl did not like what they made , they asked if she wanted them to make her something else and they did. We can't wait for our next trip to Malibu...hated to leave.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
Woodloch Pines Resort
Hotel Fauchere
Hotel Fauchere
#1 of 6 in Milford

Been to Malibu Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!