“Quite Entertaining”

The Delmonico Room at Hotel Fauchere
Reserve with OpenTable
The Delmonico Room at Hotel Fauchere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel for 2 nights. We ate here the first night. we ordered from the 3 item pre-fix menu. We had a tough time understanding the menu, but the waiter answered and described whatever questions we had...We had a good package deal for the room and food so I can't complain about the restaurant. Had I been paying full price I would not be as gracious. The "kids", waiters and waitresses were aloof, but my wife and I found them entertaining. We waited forever to get menus, water and bread. The place tries to hard to come off as a "Fine Fancy" Restaurant .The decor is nice, the food is ok, the service needs experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

The dining room is beautiful, elegant, and simply, tastefully decorated. The setting could not be more romantic and cozy. The service is prompt, attentive, and efficient. The food is average at best. My corned beef hash was nothing more than mushy potatoes and small bits of beef with a tiny poached egg, served over a tomato sauce that was entirely too spicy and watery and did not go with the rest of the meal. My boyfriend's french toast was OK, but I've had better in a diner. Well worth a visit to see the property and I am sure the dinner menu is better.

Reviewed December 2, 2009

We had an outstanding Thanksgiving Dinner - one of the best meals we have ever had and we are "foodies". It was an 8 course fixed menu. Everything was so good and beautifully presented that I can not even select a favorite course - but have reviewed and talked about nothing else since. This was an "Inn at LIttle Washington" caliber meal. Service was friendly and attentive. We wanted a cocktail prior to our meal and they served us in their lovely sunroom with beautiful snacks to accompany. We learned that the chef is new and this was his first "big event" - he hit it our of the park! There are not enough superlatives. Visit Milford if for nothing other than a meal at the Delmonico Room.

1  Thank kimrealestate
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We ate at The Delmonico Room this last Sunday evening and found it to be delightful. The staff was well-trained and very helpful. The waiter was knowledgeable when I had questions regarding the wines. My husband ordered the smoked risotto with oyster starter which was well-made although not his favorite taste. We both ordered crusted cod for an entree and loved it. I had the warmed fig cake with ginger ice cream for dessert and was in heaven it was so delicious.

Service was in the European style with a change of flatware for every course as well as thoughtfully slow pacing for an enjoyable evening. We were guests of the hotel and had purchased a "package" in my name. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they already knew about the package and had made the adjustment on the invoice but most especially that they handed the invoice to me and not to my husband--they obviously paid attention to the name on the booking.

1  Thank huskersheri
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Saturday evening of Labor Day weekend, four couples unanimously agreed that they had one of the most disappointing dining experiences in memory at the Delmonico Room at the Hotel Fauchère. To summarize, the food was mediocre and the service was abysmal. Taking it from the top:

Our table was set up outside when we requested inside. OK, a minor error that was rectified, except the places for eight had only parts of six settings at various seats. OK, another minor annoyance shortly corrected.

We ordered drinks. After an inordinately long delay, the server walked through the door, apparently collided with someone, and dropped the tray. Apologies made and they reordered the drinks, which resulted in an equally long wait. Granted the drinks came from the bar in the floor below, but one would think after the initial difficulty they would have pushed the request to the front of the line, but that was not to be.

The menu contained a price fixed dinner, but the single option for an entrée was venison. Strange choice, no? Actually one us ordered the venison a la cart, but found it tougher than usual. One steak was served practically raw, for which the chief apologized. Surprising for a “fine” restaurant, however, it was reheated and served back on the same plate with the original side items left askew. I have been to restaurants with lesser reputations where a returned item was replated to look fresh. Note to Hotel Fauchère: presentation counts. The remainder of the meal - duck, salmon, steak, - was nothing to speak of. .

My wife asked if one of the side dishes could be replaced by a salad. The server said no, but she could bring a side salad. Two of us opted for the same. We were not told that the side salad would be an additional $8.50 and that it contained some rather unusual and spicy ingredients. One was sent back immediately. We were charged for all three, although one was taken off the bill when we complained. I could go on, but you get the picture.

Everyone involved knew we were not pleased and several apologies were offered, but unlike other restaurants where there were problems, there was no offer for a complimentary desert or other recompense for a rather expensive meal. Needless to say, we all left with a bad taste in our mouths.

1  Thank Evans001