“Also Disappointed (reflection of bwco's review)”

The Delmonico Room at Hotel Fauchere
Reserve with OpenTable
The Delmonico Room at Hotel Fauchere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 41 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Also Disappointed (reflection of bwco's review)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Now - this does seem to be a really nice place, atmosphere-wise. And their dinner food is probably very good...and I will fully grant that this was just one lunch time experience, but it was enough to make us want to head back to Jorgenson's at the Dimmick Inn next time we're in town...

On this trip we decided to try somewhere new and were thoroughly disappointed. For over $60.00, we basically got a drink, appetizer portions and a shared a salad. I ordered the chicken shepherd's pie, but they should be ashamed to call it that, as it had no resemblance to the UK dish, whatsoever. I was looking forward to something in the neighborhood of the traditional dish rather than what I got...

Promptness of service was mediocre at best, despite the place being thoroughly unpacked. The low value of the "gourmet" meal was what really prompted me to review this place, and while it was just one meal, I can't help but think they should know better than to charge what would be dinner prices somewhere else for such a tiny portion of average food. I truly hope they can improve on things and redeem themselves.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mtnmann9

Morris County, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,320 helpful votes
“Disappointed, will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped here for brunch one Sunday. When we entered the door of the hotel, there was a hostess stand, but no one was there. I thought the restaurant was closed, but my wife tracked down a maintenance man, who found someone to seat us. I have never had that experience before.

The restaurant itself was empty. When we came in there was only one other party of 4 eating.My wife had crab eggs Benedict which was a very generous portion and according to her, very good. I had the carrot and ricotta pancakes which were disappointing. First of all, they were burned,Which to me is something that should never happen. You should never serve any food in any restaurant that is burned. I was so hungry that I did not return them. I ate around the burned portions. I barely tasted the ricotta in the pancakes also.

We were not impressed with this restaurant and will not return, and cannot recommend it. Serving burned food is either careless or lazy or both.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank bwco
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Quietly Stated Elegance.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

For fine dining in Milford Hotel Fauchere is *The* place to be. From the moment one is greeted by it's meticulously restored beauty the classic and quietly stated elegance provides a warm and welcoming grace complemented by the charming and knowledgeable staff. Long before one'sHors d'oeuvres are served there's an expectancy of excellence. The fine assortment of food did its best to impress after all the build up ~ and succeeded!

Visited November 2012
LANGHORNE
“a different experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Quite expensive and unusual in the selections and presentation. This was in the upstairs restaurant and the meal involved many different tastes and options. We did once and though quite unique not something we would do again.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank mnankin01
maryland
“Thanksgiving Nightmare!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Two years ago we were here for Thanksgiving. It was one of the finest meals we have ever had and I wrote a review to document the experience. This year.....not even close. The food was average at best and it took forever. We were there for 2 1/2 hours and finally left before the end. Very long stretches between courses. The wait staff was very apologetic and embarassed. It is hard to believe this is the same chef that was in charge of the meal in 2010. It is difficult to imagine a professional restaurant that can not plan a meal when there is a fixed menu, they know how many people are coming and know exactly when they are coming. They did 3 seatings. We ate at 4 and there were approx 30 diners. The 2 pm seating looked like less than 15 people. I doubt if they served more than 75 dinners. Only one course was served hot. Forgettable in every way but so disappointing when compared to the heights they reached in 2010. Restaurant and Hotel Fauchere are so inconsistent I can not recommend either.

• Visited November 2012