“Great for PSU Football”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milesburg
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Enjoyed my two night stay. Clean, recently updated rooms with average breakfast. A short drive to the university. Football weekends are expensive, their rate was reasonable. I'll be back during football season.

Room Tip: There is a truck stop parking lot on the South side of the building but it didn't bother our sle...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KieranR
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for participating in the trip advisor survey. It is such an important tool in regards to training my staff and knowing just how we are measure up. We strive to exceed the needs of our guests every day. Your comments are much appreciated and I hope we can serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were passing through and looking for an inexpensive, but clean, place to stay that wasn't jacked up 100% just because there was a Penn State home game. The Quality Inn seemed to fit the bill, even though it was about 50% higher than it's non-game nights and they wouldn't give any discounts, not even AAA or AARP. The room was pleasant enough, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean, BUT, there was a stain on the wall that looked like it could have been feces. I don't think it was, but it would be so easy to cover - even unfinished spackle would have been an incredible improvement. The "Q" shower needed maintenance. When I tried to move the angle, it sprayed cold water all over the bathroom and a naked me. There was old, dried toothpaste on the bathroom door and the toilet looked as though no one had scrubbed under the rim in months, although the seat was perfectly clean. A little attention to detail and this hotel would have gotten a much more positive review.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I believe this hotel used to be Ramada. The hotel is old and starting to show its age. Our room was basically clean but could use a good dusting and removal of cobwebs, had a few broken tiles in the bathroom. The AC/Heat unit was fairly quiet. The bathroom was rather small for a room with a king size bed. The breakfast was ok but nothing special. They had a waffle maker but no sausage or bacon or eggs except for hard boiled. They had bisquits and gravy NOT my kind of breakfast. Fruit selection was also quite limited. The only real benefit was its proximity to our reunion site.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a great place to stop if you are only looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night. The staff was excellent and helped us get a low rate - even though we came in late and night without a reservation. Breakfast was very good, a definite advantage at this price. The only downside is that the carpet is worn and the furniture dated.

Room Tip: There is an active rail line next to the property, so ask for a room on the other side of the buildi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here because we named our own price on Priceline($55). Should be noted priceline considers this a 3 star hotel....... The hotel was ok. It wasn't bad but it is not a 3 star maybe a 1. The hotel itself is very outdated all the carpets in the hallways are stained and very run down. The room was actually clean and the beds were clean as well. Bathroom was decent but the water gave us trouble. It would go from scalding hot to ice cold in a matter of seconds depending on the rooms next door and what they were using. Not good! Only staff member we encountered was the front desk person and he was friendly. We got in around 10 pm and the only food available was a mcdonalds across the street. No pizza is delivered that late in this small town:(. However there is a brand new sheetz 4 min down the road! The TV was a 1980's era RCA CRT tv. No hd or flat screens here. The beds were rather firm and the three tiny pillows you are given were not adequate. If your looking for a dirt cheap hotel to just crash then this is for you, if you want Quality amenities go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is right off of I90 and is a very convenient place to stop for the night. The staff was excellent. The room was satisfactory, as was the complimentary breakfast. The only down side was that the carpets in the common areas desperately needed to be cleaned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked this room last minute to move my fiance into Penn State. It was the only hotel in the area that had rooms left. While the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, I definitely would not stay here again. The room was dirty, especially the sheets on the bed, which were stained and had dirt on them. As a women traveling alone, I felt uncomfortable. The hallway smelled like alcohol, there were many drunk occupants and there seemed to be a fight in the parking lot as I checked in. It's not the hotel's fault, but I felt uncomfortable any time I was outside my room because of the particular group of people that night. Also, know that the rates go up significantly any time there is a major event at State College (such as move-in or graduation).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milesburg
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#19 of 26 in State College

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!