We wanted to spend a weekend exploring Rickett's Glen State Park (waterfalls/hiking...) and got this through hotels.com for 85.00 per night. We decided, as it was right off of I80, it would make for a good "base of operations".
We arrived late Friday night-- the staff was courteous and helpful.
Overall, I'd say this was a reasonable lodging for what we paid. The room as in fairly good condition with newer (but not new) furnishings. Bathroom was sizable with nice sink area. There was a min fridge, desk... etc. The bed was firm and comfortable.
On the plus side, while near I-80, outside noise wasn't an issue. It did give us convenient access to Rickett's Glen SP and some quaint restaurants and ice cream places in between.
The closet had an iron/ironing board, which could be handy. The breakfast food choices were pretty ample.
As for negatives, there were numerous little flaws--while not big, showed a lack of detail. Smudged or splattered room mirror (note pic), crooked lampshape (note pic), and a showercurtain that was too long, so you had to avoid stepping on it (note pic). While the water pressure was fine, the shower temperature was what I'd call 'very warm'. So if you are a fanatic for hot showers (like we are), then you will be disappointed.
The walls and floors are not very noise-proof. (We heard the guy snoring next door and people walking around upstairs.)
The weekend we were there, the place was OVERRUN with kids. I attribute this to two things:
1. It's not far to Williamsport (i.e. there was probably some little league baseball tournament going on and families were looking for a reasonably-priced place rather than overbooked/overpriced downtown Williamsport ).
2. This motel has a nice indoor pool.
The result was that in the morning, there were little kids running and yelling up and down the halls. The breakfast area was CRAZY (we felt we were eating in a kindergarten classroom). On our way back to our room after eating, we noticed a trail of crushed cheerios and fruitloops and the rest in the the elevator and halls. Don't get me wrong: I don't blame the hotel for this and, frankly, though we don't have kids, we didn't really mind (kids will be kids and all the parents seemed to be doing their best), but I just mention this as it might be a plus (families needing a good place where there's something for kids to do and lots of breakfast goodies that the kids will love) or a minus (business travelers or singles/couples wanting a quiet getaway or to eat or swim in peace).
In sum, it was reasonable for the money we paid and fulfilled its purpose, but keep your expectations realistic. This would be a great place for some, but maybe not for all.
A few suggestions if you want to stay here:
**Bring your swimshorts (the pool!)
**If you want a complimentary weekend newspaper, grab one early (there were some by the front desk, but they were all gone by Saturday).
**If you want to get work done, bring your own laptop. The one computer for guests is in the main lobby, so it's not a great work area.
**If you are going to Rickett's Glen S.P. take the local route 487North (which you kind of have to do anyway). Heritage House family restaurant is 'good eats'! Great place for home style meal a very good price. As well, if you like local ice cream stands, stop at Melonies Kold Kup (careful, it's easy to miss) near Orangeville or to Krazy Kone (which is further north, in town).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 65 Room Hotel located on I-80 less than 5 miles to Bloomsburg! We offer a free hot breakfast featuring fresh scrambled eggs, waffles, & sausage. Free & Fast Wifi. Hotel has exercise room, indoor pool, and Business Center. 20 minutes from Knoebels. 10 Minutes to Bloomsburg University. Golf Course and Bar adjacent to property! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.