“Perfect stay!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Bear, Delaware
“Perfect stay!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Came to the area for a picnic and was spending the night. Our room was perfect...clean, nicely updated bathroom, comfy and the desk clerk was very nice. We even took a dip in the pool. Breakfast was good; just what we needed to start our day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ComfortInnLanCo, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. your buisness is very important to us and we value your feedback by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve. You are helping us to provide superior expereince for you and other guest in future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
ann arbor
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked this hotel on Hotwire for one night on our way back from New York to Michigan, just to get some rest before the main part of our drive. We paid $85.

We checked in around 6pm. The woman at the front desk told me she needed my credit card because it got declined for my reservation. Of course, this made no sense as you have to pay for the room on Hotwire before you even know the name of the Hotel, and I did this a full month ago. I kept telling her it had already been paid for, and she kept saying "I understand", she must have resolved the problem during our conversation as I never did repay, and she didn't explain what the problem had been.

Our room was on the second floor. It seemed to be in the middle of being remodled as things were either brand new (bathroom console still had the "wilsonart" sticker on it) or Super old, as in the desk from the 1970's. It had a fridge and a microwave. The AC was loud, but drowned out other noise so that was okay for sleeping. We looked at the pool, it seemed small and kinda green and full of screaming kids so we stayed away. A few doors down from our room in the hallway was a pile of what looked like ripped towels on the floor, possible wet. The strange thing is that they were still there when we checked out of the hotel a full 15 hours later.

We left the hotel in search of some dinner and maybe a couple of beers for that room fridge. There is nothing in this area, we found a subway at the gas station, I think there was an Arbys, maybe a Mcdonalds. There was a Loves food store and a conveince store too. What was strange is we could not find any beer in the area to go with our Subway. I don't think it was illegal, just nobody carried it according to the store clerk.

So, the nights sleep went well. I don't know if it was worth $85, but at least we were rested for our long drive the next day. I checked my credit card, and had paid for the visit a month ago, so that whole ordeal made no sense. The breakfast was pretty good-they had waffles and sausage, bananas and yogurt-something for everybody. I should also mention that our GPS in our car could not find this hotel, and that the exit for this hotel is under construction.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fancydancey
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire staff i would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we will offer better expereince for the guest in future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again. So that we can have another chance to provide you with superior expereince.
Addison, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort in as a group who had traveled to a wedding - 25 in our group, we reserved 6 rooms. We called prior to check in several times to makes sure everything was all in order as we needed a handicapped accessable room and parking as well as a crib and a rollaway - rollaway was convienently unavailable upon check in. Reservations were totally screwed up - ended up with only 5 rooms - were told no more were available - I asked if there were ANY in the hotel - why yes, but not on your reservation. ????? REALLY????? Just give us the room then!!! It was seperate from the rest - the third floor and as an added bonus the toilet kept over flowing. Front desk staff were the worst - I felt like I was on the movie set of "Deliverance". Only people with half a brain were the dining room staff and the manager. The owners were cleaning the rooms - they were friendly but banged on doors at 8am and yelled "Housekeeping". Do not disturd signs are worthless when someone is yelling. They charged my card DOUBLE, and another family member TRIPLE - said they did a reversal - LIES. Three days later my card company confirmed that Comfort Inn had collected the full amount - I called Comfort Inn a few more times and the desk clerk said it wasn't her fault, she didn't do it and she was overwhelmed because the whole weekend had been a disaster and everyone was calling and yelling at her - Boo Hoo. My final call included a threat to call the police because this is fraud and theft. Hmmm.....money was back on my card in MINUTES!!!!! NO HOT WATER until noon - pool was greenish blue and freezing - this is August and it is indoors??? Rooms were clean, beds were nice but rather small. Very quiet. Other reviews remarked on noisy AC units - ours was was quiet. Broken window in room 103. Our room was fine - water did not smell. Breakfast was good, parking lot freshly paved but too small. If we had not been overcharged I could overlook everything else and give a top review. Sorry Comfort Inn, thanks to your moronic desk staff we will never be back - we all travel to Knoebels a few times per year and have family there. We are going back to Danville to the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Room 103 has a broken window. Some rooms on the third floor have toilets that over flow. Had a gro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrs D
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire staff i would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we wiil be using the feedback you gave to us to implement improvements to ensure we will offer better expereince for guest in future. i hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior expereince.

Milan shelat
manager
Comfort Inn.

Travelers are raving about these Mifflinville hotels

Addison, New York, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Never staying here again. I booked 6 rooms for a wedding our family had to attend in Bloomsburg, PA, this passed weekend. I called twice when I booked the rooms (3 weeks in advance) and then another 3 times the day before we left. We got to the hotel, and not only was the woman at the front desk rude, she was very unprofessional. She screwed up our reservations from the very beginning, by putting another relative(who made her own separate reservation) in one of the rooms I had booked -- leaving us short a room. Luckily, she had one room left for the night, completely away from the rest of the family. The room available, was only available for one night, and she was not smart enough to make it so my mother wouldn't have to pack up, and be out of her room at 11am the next morning, and have to check into another at 3pm. Thankfully, when the manager arrived at 9pm, he made it so my mom could stay in her room for the duration of our stay. The next morning (the morning of the wedding) there was NO hot water, and one of the room's toilets started over flowing - and never did get fully fixed.. The AC in our room had a smell to it when you turned it on at first. The key's kept deactivating themselves, making us go to the front desk countless times, the remotes to the TV only worked half the time - if at all. And many of the rooms we were in had cracks in the windows. I read somewhere about them having a hot tub - false advertisement, as it is boarded up. Now, comes the worst part. At check out, they charged one of our party members for two nights, when they only stayed one.. And never put the money back on until she threatened to call the police for theft. Then, after driving 45 mins to go to Cabela's, we had to turn around, and go back to the hotel because they were trying to charge my mom for a third night, after staying for two. After all the BS with her room to begin with we should have gotten some sort of compensation at the least - not having to pay for another night. When I arrived back at the hotel to take care of this, another one of the ladies at the front desk, was once again rude and unprofessional. When asked to talk to the manager from the very beginning, she wouldn't go get him, until I raised my voice - by this time I was highly upset). The manager came out, and explained what had happened, and said it would be fixed in this morning - it still isn't. The only decent thing about this hotel, was the rooms were clean - needed updated, but they were okay. Breakfast was good, and the manager was very nice and explained things well. The pool was okay, except the room was very hot, and humid. I will never be staying at this hotel again though. When you go on vacation, you go to spend time with family and such; not to spend 90% of your time dealing with problems, and the front desk.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnLanCo, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for writing a review regarding at your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire staff . I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback that you gave us to implement improvements to ensure that we offer better expereince for guest in future. i hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior expereince.

Milan Shelat
Manager
Comfort Inn
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a day trip to Knoebel's. It was generally okay, just a few minor issues:
1. Window in our room (206) was completely cracked.
2. Stained lid to toilet seat.
3. Pool water was a strange green color and did not feel heated, quite chilly.
4. Public bathroom by breakfast area was disusting. Toilet was clogged, trash overflowing, floor covered in wet towels from pool.

The room was clean for the most part. Check-in was easy. Breakfast was very nice. Location was great, right off interstate, close to Bloomsburg and Knoebel's. We'd stay here again for a brief stay, probably not extended though.

• Stayed July 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel room (#306) was the worst my kids have ever seen. The water smells like rotten eggs or worse! The chair was too dirty to let the kids sit on it, and that was after a day at the amusement park. The glass in the window was broken almost all the way across and held in place with duct tape. The carpet was too dirty to walk on, so we kept our shoes by the side of the bed to walk back and forth in. No one took a shower, even after a fun, dirt covered day at the amusement park because the water smelled so bad. We used bottled water to brush our teeth. The pool area was moldy, the hot tub was boarded up. The best view of this hotel is in your rear view mirror.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jill H
ComfortInnLanCo, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry your stay was below standards. We will continue to monitor the water however I would like to make clear, it is hydrogen sulfide that causes the smell. I know it is unpleasant but a quick google search will show it is absolutely harmless. We regularly treat our and most of the times, it is barely noticeable but sometimes during heavy rains the smell may bother guests. It absolutely not harmful or frankly we would not be allowed to operate. We also provide Primo Drinking Water at the front desk. I would like to note we had all carpets and chairs from the room to the public areas deep cleaned right after your stay. Our mid-busy season cleaning is one of the most difficult times to schedule since we are very busy. The pool area can be humid at times since we keep our pool warmer than average (84 degrees) but there is no mold and our humidification system is in good working condition. When the new owners bought the place less than a year ago the hot tub was boarded up. The previous owners mismanaged the property and left it in shambles. We are working our way to correct all issues but we ask for time. In the meantime, we do not advertise the hot tub in writing or pictures because we do not want to mislead guest. I hope this answers some of your worries. We appreciate your review and we will use it to further improve our property.
Mickleton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Would never stay here again....we booked one of the larger rooms with a king and a queen size bed, plus a sleeper sofa (room 219). We are a family of 3 but like to have a little extra room. We booked this hotel since we went to Knoebels and needed a place to sleep. The positive was the beds are comfortable and the sheets were clean......
but the sleeper sofa and chair were extremely stained and filthy. There was an odd inexpensive desk chair in the room which was also stained. The pool was extremely small and the ceiling was peeling. The hot tub was boarded up. The air conditioner units looked newer but were loud. Know the water in PA tends to be from wells and sometimes hard, but the water in this hotel is absolutely disgusting. We had to use bottled water to brush our teeth. When you took a shower the room reeked of rotten eggs. They need a water conditioner/filter! Also, the address did come up on our GPS, but led us to a residential home. Told the front desk and he said they are trying to change the address on the website. This hotel is a recently converted Motel 6. There were only 3 cars in the parking lot so we did not try the breakfast-was nervous about the freshness of food. The closest restaurant was AppleBees about 7 miles away.
Think we should have stayed in a log cabin at Knoebels ;}

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kim n
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!