“Awesome Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Berwick, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I had a chance to stay at Comfort Inn Miffinville, Pa. I had a great stay. Room was very nice, friendly staff. I called my cab at 5:00 am, came down to the lobby waiting for my cab. It was snowing outside. Night manager asked if I wanted to have coffee. It was so nice of him I can't believe that he was ready to get me fruits etc whatever I wanted. I knew breakfast room opens at 06:30 am. Girls at front desk were very sweet and soft spoken. I will stay here again whenever I come back to the town.
Keep it up Mr. Raj good job you are doing.
Great Hospitality.
Henry

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Wow, A little surprised by the other reviews. We stopped in with this place because the snowstorm knocked us off of I-80. It was a cold night, and it was nice to see they had cookies and coffee available for guests. There was a pool, but we didn't have time or energy to use it. The hotel's morning breakfast maybe a little early for some (6:30-9:30) but we had to make up for lost time so it was fine by us. They have the standard hot breakfast with good eggs and sausage. If thats not your cup of tea, There's an arbys, mcdonalds, and subway on the exit. Not the type to write reviews but the decency of the staff and them offering to help clean off my car made me feel the need to do so. Overall, I'm very satisfied by my choice. The only pitfall is that the water does have a sulfur smell to it (my parents house is the same way). Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My fiance and I stayed there last night and had made our reservations online. There wasn't any problem with the online reservations..so far so good. NOW HERE COMES THE DRAMA: First of all, the address of the hotel does not register with GPS it literally takes you to farmland so take note of that. When we arrived the lobby has furniture in it that is completely outdated and a flat screen tv that is obviously way to small for the room. The "business ammenities" consists of a corner desktop computer in the one side of the room in complete darkness. No pencils, no pens, no copier, no printer, nothing. Just a computer and a computer stand with desk. We get on the elevator (which make a horrible screeching noise-needs oil or something) and go to the third floor. Our room was clean but there werent any directions on how to use the digital thermostat (we are both pretty knowledgeable but if there was some older folks in there...it could be an issue). Other then that, everything about the room itself was fine. The next morning,we are woken up at 6am by someone using a chainsaw (no joke-I wish it was) for THREE HOURS STRAIGHT (in the parking lot) my fiance goes downstairs to get a cup of coffee and maybe ask about the chainsaw. He was looking for sugar/splenda and all he found was a coffee pot. He was looking around for the sugar (anything at this point) and there was nothing to be found. No, straws, no creamer, nothing. He glances over and sees two of the hotel staff members sitting at a table talking. They never looked in his direction (he is 6'2 and 350lbs-you cant miss him) he finally noticed that the one girl was supossed to be filling the sugar instead they were talking the entire time.We come downstairs for breakfast (you are better off going somewhere in my opinion) to here two old ladies (they must of been hard of hearing or they really are that obnoxious) arguing over someone is going to sue the hotel because their pomeranian lap dog was not allowed in the hotel, even though this is a policy? On top of that, it took me ten minutes to find a juice glass because guess what? THE TWO GIRLS THAT WORKED THERE WERE STILL TALKING and ignoring guests. I will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor if necessary.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Mifflinville hotels

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is now a Comfort Inn, although from the outside it looks more like the Generic Inn. An unlit banner is draped over the old Motel 6 sign near the highway, and there are no other signs on the building. But in the lobby and in the rooms, it's all Comfort Inn, and my reservation (made months ago with Motel 6) showed up at the Comfort Inn reservation number.

Once you're checked in, you'll experience a pretty nice place. There's a slight odor of fresh paint, new furniture, and new bathroom facilities. My favorite amenities are included free: breakfast and wifi. The breakfast room is self serve, ranging from hot and cold cereal and pastries to do-it-yourself waffles. Wifi is fast and easy to log onto. The big flat-screen TV has about 60 cable channels, including several in HD. In the bathroom, I found an elegantly draped shower curtain, ordinary shower and soap, and a very nice cabinet built around the sink to hold a generous supply of towels.

The beds are firm and comfortable with a large assortment of pillows. I heard some noise from the nearby highway and the parking lot but it's not too bad and the AC can drown it out. The front desk personnel are friendly but a bit confused which is understandable since this is the third brand-name change for this hotel within a year.

I was happy with my stay here, but I've noticed that with the new name comes a new rate. Comfort Inn is taking reservations at a price increase of about 35%, which would make me think twice about coming back. Otherwise I would be glad to return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Mifflinville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The parking lot is covered in trash and was for my entire stay. The room had a sulfuric stinky smell and the beds were old and uncomfortable. The water is from a well system that also smells awful! There apparantly is "nothing we can do about the egg smelling water" There was also a ladybug and ant problem in the room. I highly recommend that you find other accomodations! Indoor pool apparantly only open in summer? Terrible hotel

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank irishrover1633
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We have actually stayed at the Motel 6 in Mifflinville as an alternative to hotels in Bloomsburg that are $50-70 a night more...This is one of 2 hotels in Mifflinfille, on I-80 off exit 242....it is ranked 2 by trip advisor but should be ranked #1....The hotel never seems to be busy although it is much more attractive liiking than the Super 8 on the other side of the exit...The first couple times we stayied here...it seemed fine...although it seems very empty...not sure why....The last couple times we stayed there...it seemed like only a handful of occupants, while the Super 8 was more crowded....In the Motel 6...the rooms were clean...the beds were very comfortable....the TV was a little fuzzy picture but ok....it did seem eriely quiet walking around....but we felt safe there....They have a pool but it has be outof operation for a couple months.....The past 2 visits...the person at the front desk seemed a little weird...and when we first arrived...I know Motel 6 says they leave the light on for you...but most of the lights in the lobby were turnrd off....the person att he desk said to preserve energy...I dont get it....well...to sum up ..plusses include a comfortable bed and pillows...comfortable room..quiet air circulation...nice bathroom...and clean......minuses include interesting staff and just a really strange vibe...hard to describe....We are giving this place another try in May..we will see then.....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ez2par78
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

The room next to mine had a large dog in it barking half the night. My room had a connecting door with the dog room, so I assume my room is used for dogs also. I am allergic to dogs. I later saw on their webpage that this is a pet friendly chain of motels. This is otherwise a decent motel for the price; if you are traveling with pets it would be a great place to stay. Since it was my fault for not checking the webpage before I stayed I gave them a good score. My only complaint is there should have been I sign out front stating that their rooms are used as dog kennels; I would have kept driving.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank traveler1972_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 7 in Bloomsburg
5.0 of 5 stars 251 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!