All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesindoor swimming pooloff the highwaydecent breakfastnice bedwould stay here againdouble roomthe breakfast areaboth morningsvisit familya great staygreat roomfridge and microwavefree breakfastcookiescereal
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is now a Comfort Inn, although from the outside it looks more like the Generic Inn. An unlit banner is draped over the old Motel 6 sign near the highway, and there are no other signs on the building. But in the lobby and in the rooms, it's all Comfort Inn, and my reservation (made months ago with Motel 6) showed up at the Comfort Inn reservation number.

Once you're checked in, you'll experience a pretty nice place. There's a slight odor of fresh paint, new furniture, and new bathroom facilities. My favorite amenities are included free: breakfast and wifi. The breakfast room is self serve, ranging from hot and cold cereal and pastries to do-it-yourself waffles. Wifi is fast and easy to log onto. The big flat-screen TV has about 60 cable channels, including several in HD. In the bathroom, I found an elegantly draped shower curtain, ordinary shower and soap, and a very nice cabinet built around the sink to hold a generous supply of towels.

The beds are firm and comfortable with a large assortment of pillows. I heard some noise from the nearby highway and the parking lot but it's not too bad and the AC can drown it out. The front desk personnel are friendly but a bit confused which is understandable since this is the third brand-name change for this hotel within a year.

I was happy with my stay here, but I've noticed that with the new name comes a new rate. Comfort Inn is taking reservations at a price increase of about 35%, which would make me think twice about coming back. Otherwise I would be glad to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2011

The parking lot is covered in trash and was for my entire stay. The room had a sulfuric stinky smell and the beds were old and uncomfortable. The water is from a well system that also smells awful! There apparantly is "nothing we can do about the egg smelling water" There was also a ladybug and ant problem in the room. I highly recommend that you find other accomodations! Indoor pool apparantly only open in summer? Terrible hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank irishrover1633
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We have actually stayed at the Motel 6 in Mifflinville as an alternative to hotels in Bloomsburg that are $50-70 a night more...This is one of 2 hotels in Mifflinfille, on I-80 off exit 242....it is ranked 2 by trip advisor but should be ranked #1....The hotel never seems to be busy although it is much more attractive liiking than the Super 8 on the other side of the exit...The first couple times we stayied here...it seemed fine...although it seems very empty...not sure why....The last couple times we stayed there...it seemed like only a handful of occupants, while the Super 8 was more crowded....In the Motel 6...the rooms were clean...the beds were very comfortable....the TV was a little fuzzy picture but ok....it did seem eriely quiet walking around....but we felt safe there....They have a pool but it has be outof operation for a couple months.....The past 2 visits...the person at the front desk seemed a little weird...and when we first arrived...I know Motel 6 says they leave the light on for you...but most of the lights in the lobby were turnrd off....the person att he desk said to preserve energy...I dont get it....well...to sum up ..plusses include a comfortable bed and pillows...comfortable room..quiet air circulation...nice bathroom...and clean......minuses include interesting staff and just a really strange vibe...hard to describe....We are giving this place another try in May..we will see then.....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ez2par78
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The room next to mine had a large dog in it barking half the night. My room had a connecting door with the dog room, so I assume my room is used for dogs also. I am allergic to dogs. I later saw on their webpage that this is a pet friendly chain of motels. This is otherwise a decent motel for the price; if you are traveling with pets it would be a great place to stay. Since it was my fault for not checking the webpage before I stayed I gave them a good score. My only complaint is there should have been I sign out front stating that their rooms are used as dog kennels; I would have kept driving.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank traveler1972_10
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Not sure what to expect at $68 a night, what a surprise, clean well maintained property. definately will use this hotel again when in the area. we booked 2 rooms which they had to check us in as 2 seperate transactions which made checkin a little slow, and the pool was closed and the front desk told us it was too cold anyway because it wasnt heated. But for $68 you cant go wrong.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family