All reviews yogurt indoor swimming pool decent breakfast off the highway eggs and sausage front desk lady double room would stay here again the breakfast area cookies motel fridge ohio proximity bedding checkin
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We have actually stayed at the Motel 6 in Mifflinville as an alternative to hotels in Bloomsburg that are $50-70 a night more...This is one of 2 hotels in Mifflinfille, on I-80 off exit 242....it is ranked 2 by trip advisor but should be ranked #1....The hotel never seems to be busy although it is much more attractive liiking than the Super 8 on the other side of the exit...The first couple times we stayied here...it seemed fine...although it seems very empty...not sure why....The last couple times we stayed there...it seemed like only a handful of occupants, while the Super 8 was more crowded....In the Motel 6...the rooms were clean...the beds were very comfortable....the TV was a little fuzzy picture but ok....it did seem eriely quiet walking around....but we felt safe there....They have a pool but it has be outof operation for a couple months.....The past 2 visits...the person at the front desk seemed a little weird...and when we first arrived...I know Motel 6 says they leave the light on for you...but most of the lights in the lobby were turnrd off....the person att he desk said to preserve energy...I dont get it....well...to sum up ..plusses include a comfortable bed and pillows...comfortable room..quiet air circulation...nice bathroom...and clean......minuses include interesting staff and just a really strange vibe...hard to describe....We are giving this place another try in May..we will see then.....

Date of stay: December 2010
1  Thank ez2par78
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The room next to mine had a large dog in it barking half the night. My room had a connecting door with the dog room, so I assume my room is used for dogs also. I am allergic to dogs. I later saw on their webpage that this is a pet friendly chain of motels. This is otherwise a decent motel for the price; if you are traveling with pets it would be a great place to stay. Since it was my fault for not checking the webpage before I stayed I gave them a good score. My only complaint is there should have been I sign out front stating that their rooms are used as dog kennels; I would have kept driving.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank traveler1972_10
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Not sure what to expect at $68 a night, what a surprise, clean well maintained property. definately will use this hotel again when in the area. we booked 2 rooms which they had to check us in as 2 seperate transactions which made checkin a little slow, and the pool was closed and the front desk told us it was too cold anyway because it wasnt heated. But for $68 you cant go wrong.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Glacks
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Plastic mattress cover made bed uncomfortable. Thinnest toilet paper I've ever seen. Smoke alarm went off three times between 12:30 and 1 AM for no reason. Room phone did not work. Front desk said they couldn't help until morning the first time we called using our cell phone. Hung up on us the second time. The next morning all we got was a "sorry". Motel 6 national said we might here from them in 15 days.

Date of stay: August 2010
1  Thank grumpyoldman49
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My wife and I traveled to this hotel for a wedding in Berwick, PA. We arrived early, and were able to check in when we arrived. The lady at the front desk was pleasant, but seemed very flustered. The lobby area was very clean, especially for a Motel 6. We paid $62.04/night for 2 nights. The hotel is supposedly brand new, and was not even listed in my brand new Garmin GPS. It was very easy to find the motel. The exterior was pretty dirty and definately did not look new. During our stay, the power went out a few times (clear skies, no storms). Also, the only elevator was constantly getting stuck, stopping between floors. We eventually decided that stairs would be the safe bet. The room was adequate size, came with an in room mini fridge. Bed was somewhat comfortable.
Oh, and bring your own Shampoo. The hotel only provides one bar of soap, but no shampoo.

Date of stay: July 2010