Knights Inn Mifflintown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Mifflintown)
Rodeway Inn(Carlisle)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a bevy nice, clean, comfort place . I see all reviews but I give them a chance , n I did a right place.i enjoy my stay . Staff were really friendly ,I would like to go their again n again .n recommend this place to my friends n family

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank rechal123
dan p, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Mifflintown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Don't fall for the cheap prices- spend a little more and stay at the Econolodge up the road, it is a million times nicer/cleaner. The rooms here, besides being outdated, dingy, smelly, stuffy, and dirty, are infested with bugs. The bathroom has two dirty white towels hung as curtains. Within five minutes of lying in bed, a huge "stinkbug" flew past my ear- we turned on the lights and the 1" long bug was on the headboard right behind my head; after killing it, we noticed five or six of its babies. We then flipped the headboard and discovered a TON of various bugs, both dead and alive: "stinkbugs", cockroaches, and BED BUGS. Bed bugs are the absolute worst and my husband and I both got bit just from the few minutes we were there. In addition to all that, when we arrived to check in (at about 10:30 pm), after ringing the bell for service, a very disgruntled woman in pajamas came to assist us. I assume she was angry because we woke her up. She rolled her eyes at me several times and both my husband and my friend told me that I wasn't being rude or difficult at all. She finally got frustrated handling our reservation and disappeared, and a moment later her husband (I think) appeared and helped us, and he was decent. He also gave us a refund after we packed up to leave after discovering the bug infestation.

Seriously, just stay at Econolodge. Don't even try this place. The rooms are SO much nicer there, as well as the staff, and it is just a much more updated and clean place.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sara A
Reviewed October 14, 2012

In town for two weeks for work. Unfortunately the Budget Inn was the only hotel in area that allowed pets. The room was extremely damp and smelly. Everything was very outdated. Had difficulty getting toilet paper, towels and tissues. The carpet in front of bathroom was damp through our whole stay. I think it is due to run off from the cemetery next door. Property is graded towards building. Foundation needs to be waterproofed. Office does not even provide coffee for guests. Staff was friendly. Strongly recommend staying at econo-lodge for a few bucks more.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here. stay in rooms opposite of cemetery side
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Easily the worst place I have ever stayed. We were going to a Penn State football game, and couldn't get a reservation at any place closer. The room smelled like mildew, and the furniture was from the 1950s. The window shades were two old dirty towels. The towels they gave us were old, dingy and small. The TV was old and the picture was not good. They advertised free Wi-fi, but we could not get it. The walls were paper-thin, and we could hear talking all night two rooms away, which kept us up all night. This was as bare-bones a place as I have ever stayed, and obviously would never go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We were in town for our niece's wedding and, with extended family, booked four rooms. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Our room had a king-size bed, sofa, and a refrigerator and a microwave. We were able to check in an hour and a half early with no problem. Our sons, in their twenties, were pleased with the free WiFi in the rooms. The price was right, and all in all, this family-run motel met our needs more than adequately for this trip.

We did get a kick out of the motel's sign, which announces that among other amenities, the motel has heat !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family