“Good wholesome food and caring service.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Turnpike Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Mifflinburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been to this restaurant multiple times and am always quite happy with the food and the service. It is just good, wholesome, home cooking. Good portions and great old recipes. When I'm back in Mifflinburg, I'll definitely stop here. We had a large group (large worship team) we brought here and all of them (12 total) said they would definitely come back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've eaten at this small family restaurant with home cooking numerous times in the past six years and saw a marked decline in business during my last few visits this year. The menu never changes, except for the designation of six or seven standard dishes as "today's specials" and the standard portions for dinners include three side dishes, a bit too plentiful for my taste and mostly starchy choices at that. This restaurant was better in the past and offers no variety to speak of from month to month or year to year.

My most recent meal here was a blt sandwich with chips, nothing extraordinary though the server was personable and prompt. My immediately previous visit I had homemade crab cakes (good) and three vegetables.

Okay for a sandwish or cooked meal with the family, especially a family that likes familiar, standard dishes and nothing too creative.

The restaurant sells packages of its home baked goods (i.e. cookies, pies, sticky buns, bread) to take with you at a fair price..

2  Thank algieph