“Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife took me here for my birthday dinner and it was wonderful the restaurant is very quaint place.
The service was very good, the food was outstanding I had the lobster tail and it was delicious. My wife had the Chesapeake beef, I had a piece and it was the most tender piece of meat I ever had.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of there menu selections. If you have a chance to eat here I would do it you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Where does one start?
Alfred's Victorian is a a charming, comfortable Victorian Home. Unlike many Victorian homes this is full of charm and warmth. The attention to detail is wonderful from the moment one starts walking up the walk. The choice of plantings starts to set the mood and continues once inside.
The service from both Robin and Kenneth was superb. The proper mixing of a special Martini request was down without hesitation or doubt. Attention was carried over to the main course. One would never know that the entree was split between the two of us.And the flavors ah...
This is one of our must stops when in the area.It should be everyone's.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our first visit to this fantastic restaurant in an exquisite Victorian house. The fine, friendly service and great food made our 49th anniversary dinner unforgettable. Seafood bisque was best we have ever had--filled with seafood and not too rich. My wife's veal was plentiful and tender. My steak Diane was made at the table by the co-owner, who knew what she was doing; the steak was a perfect medium rare, was fat-free, and melted in my mouth. Our friends' salmon and beef-with-crabmeat entrees were also great. Desserts were sinfully delicious. Can't wait to rush back.

1  Thank EdwardBonekemper
Reviewed August 18, 2013

When we arrived, the restaurant was basically empty, maybe 4 other couples. We were a party of 6 and they placed us in an upstairs room. For us, this was perfect, if the restaurant had been busy, it would have been a tight fit, however. The flaming salad was excellent. We all had something different, pasta, steak diane, filet, shrimp and it was all excellent. However, I did order a glass of wine and they brought me a bottle...before I realized I had purchased the bottle, it had been poured. Oh, well... The atmosphere was excellent, however, like I said we basically were the only onces there. It was $125 per couple so this is definately a place for a special occasion only.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and two sons and I had been watching Hell's Kitchen all summer, and Beef Wellington is usually on the menu on that show. They all like filet so they wondered if Beef Wellington was good. I had had it once about 20 years ago at another restaurant, but I had never gone back so I must not have been impressed with the dish. I knew Alfred's had it, but I had always gotten something else because I never remembered that it required 24 hour notice and two people ordering it. We made our reservation for 4 Beef Wellingtons - all medium rare.

We had excellent appetizers first - crab dip and grilled portobello mushroom with olive oil and garlic. The Beef Wellington came out as the whole tenderloin inside the puff pastry. It was huge and the portions were huge when it was split into fours. It was done perfectly, and it had an excellent taste. The sauce was in a gravy boat so it was optional, but since I don't like Madeira wine, I knew I would not like the sauce so I was glad it was on the side. One of my sons didn't like it, either. We finished with Banana's Foster, (a flambé done table side for those who don't know). It was excellent as well. Also, the Wellington was priced less than that of a simple filet in most high end restaurants. I have always recommended Alfred's as a great restaurant for a romantic dinner or for any occasion,but it is not really a place to bring small children (more 12 and older) and now I recommend it for the Beef Wellington. My sons, both teens, usually eat at home,again, after returning from most restaurants, but all of us were filled without leaving "stuffed" and weren't hungry later. Also, Carlos, our server was highly attentive (from a distance) and was always there right when we needed something so the service was outstanding as well.