“Best Italian in Harrisburg Metro/Both Side of the River...”
Review of Alfred's Victorian

Alfred's Victorian
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

One of the few reasons I have to come across to the east shore... Great every time... though friends say it is slipping. Personally been great for us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Alfred's for many years-- it is my choice for any celebration. Great food, wonderful atmosphere. Beautiful wood, homey yet classy restaurant.

Turret seating may be chilly depending on the season.

Learn about Emma, the resident ghost ...

1  Thank salbetz
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have eaten there several times a year for over 26 years. Yes we like it. Food is very good and more reasonable then a typical 4 or 5 star resturant

1  Thank joseph h
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great menu, nice atmosphere, good servers. One recommendation is to stop serving white bread! In this era of gluten-free menu offerings and health-conscious diners, white bread is a thing of the past. Please serve some whole wheat rolls or some kind of healthy bread!

1  Thank Tiki220
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had never been to Middletown before, but after a function at the Harrisburg convention center, we stopped here for lunch. There are parts of this town which are very quaint and interesting.

The Victorian house which the restaurant is in is very nicely restored. The food was tasty, but a bit pricey.

I would not recommend this restaurant for anyone with mobility issues. There are steps to enter the restaurant and a winding staircase to get to the second floor bathroom.

It was a pleasant setting with good food and if I were in the area, I would return.

2  Thank luvroma2