“Good food, nice setting”
Review of Alfred's Victorian

Alfred's Victorian
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had never been to Middletown before, but after a function at the Harrisburg convention center, we stopped here for lunch. There are parts of this town which are very quaint and interesting.

The Victorian house which the restaurant is in is very nicely restored. The food was tasty, but a bit pricey.

I would not recommend this restaurant for anyone with mobility issues. There are steps to enter the restaurant and a winding staircase to get to the second floor bathroom.

It was a pleasant setting with good food and if I were in the area, I would return.

2  Thank luvroma2

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our party of four had different dishes. Every one was well satisified with their meal. Waiters were there checking on us. It is for special occasions for us. Will return, and recommend.
My only complain is $9.00 for a Jack and coke. Glass was filled to the top with ice! "i"LL be back" Only drinking water next time.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

this was not our first time there we lived in the hummelstown area for 10 years and we would have dinner there at least 4 times a year. we had the opportunity to visit some friends that is why we had dinner there, the place seemed to have dropped a notch or two the meal presentation needed some help, also the temperature of ythe meal could have been warmer. the say all good things must come to an end. i am afraid that happened to alfred's

2  Thank george m
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food and service at Alfred's is great and if it was just a review on the food, then I would have given it a higher rating. However, the inside definitely needs an uplift. I understand that it's a victorian mansion and that history is a big part of the auora of the restuarant, but there could be an improvement on the decor. We've been here twice now and I'm sure we'll go back again at some point, but it's not the first choice on our list when we're thinking about a special night out.

1  Thank curlycueku
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Alfred's was the perfect halfway meeting place between State College and Philly for our dispersed family to gather for a birthday celebration.The breathtaking Victorian is lovingly maintained. I've never experienced more attentive service. Table-side cooking was instructive, fun, and produced delicious results. Try the flaming salad, OH MY!! It is a night my family will not forget and likely our celebrations there will become a tradition.