“Magnificent Mansion”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meyersdale
Levi Deal Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Meyersdale B&B and Inns
Wexford,Pa
“Magnificent Mansion”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Took the love of my life for her birthday, March 3rd, 2012. We were greeted by Jan, then Michael, who are the hosts of this fabulous piece of historic property that I had to take pictures of before I entered the front door. If you are a lover of spectacular 1900 architecture, be sure to stop by and look at this building. I have taught architecture for 37 years and this is a joy to view. Be nice to Jan and she will probably give you "THE TOUR". Jan and Michael are, without reproach, the kindest and most hospitable people you will ever come across. They will make your stay feel personally special. Gratitude was shown through the quality and presentation of breakfast, which was simply delicious! We stayed in "Caleb", which has a separate living room with a sleeper sofa and chairs in one of the turrets. Everything was impeccably clean and comfortable.

This mansion was built by a railroad and lumber baron. Many comments have been made about the nearness of the railroad and the frequency of the trains. Understanding that this community grew upon the railroad, it may help you appreciate the growth of our nation through the expansion of railroads. These trains are continuing to provide enormous volumes of materials at an incredibly efficient energy consumption. If you are a very light sleeper, earplugs are provided.

There is absolutely no reason NOT to stay at Levi Deal Mansion. We will return!

Thank you Jan and Michael!

Room Tip: The Caleb room is the largest room and considered a suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jpmaine76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for my 30th birthday in December and we really enjoyed it. Meyersdale is a cute little town and there are a couple restaurants and pizza places near by. The mansion itself is restored and beautiful. We felt immediately at home, we stayed in the Angela room, its smaller with a gas fireplace and jacuzzi. I was put off by the train though, its loud and comes every couple hours so we did not sleep the best. Everything was perfect except that. The breakfast was amazing and we also had homemade ice cream the night before. I would recommend this place to those that want good company and good food but make sure your a heavy sleeper.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were riding the Great Allegheny Passage when I received a call on my cell phone from Jan, the innkeeper at Levi Deal. She called to warn us about the snow that was imminent. She wanted to make sure that we knew about it. We told her that we would be there in a ½ an hour. Sure enough it was snowing by the time we made it to Meyersdale. When we arrived at Levi Deal, Jan had hot apple cider ready for us. We were chilled to the bone, so we welcomed it. I went up to the room and took a hot whirlpool bath. It was heavenly.

Once I was warmed up and relaxed, I took in the beauty of our accommodations. Our room was Josephine’s room. My brother-in-law’s was the Carriage House. Both rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The entire house is beautiful with high-end woodwork and lovely furniture and it’s very comfortable. The staircase and the woodwork throughout the house are works of art. Nothing about this place is tacky.

There are enough common areas that you can choose not to be around the other houseguests if you want. And our rooms we roomy enough that we could choose just to hang out there if we wanted to.

We were initially going to stay for one night, but found it to so nice that we changed our reservation for two nights. We’re now talking about reserving all of the rooms to bring our family there for a get together or coming in the winter and snowshoeing around the Meyersdale.

Both breakfasts were incredibly delicious. I would love to eat an evening meal there given what a good cook Jan is.

We highly recommend the Levi Deal and look forward to returning as soon as possible with or without our bicycles.

P.S. If you are a bicycler, they do have a garage to put your bikes into and they have a bicycle pump. Note also, that this place is about 2 or 3 blocks from the Great Allegheny Passage, a great location! And there are restaurants in walking distance from the mansion.

There are trains that go by the mansion throughout the night and the mansion is close to the tracks. It didn't bother us, but in case it might they had earplugs by your bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I am sure that no-one could ever find fault with this place. Jan and Michael went WAY over and above any innkeeper's duties to make us feel welcome, at home and cared for. When my husband became unwell and needed to seek urgent medical attention they stepped in to offer whatever we needed. Both were incredibly relaxed and treated our 3 year old son like one of their own family.
Breakfast was completely delicious. Everything was unique and cooked completely fresh.
Our room was spectacular in size and grandeur, but also in comfort. I needed a step to get up onto the bed but once I was up there I could have stayed in it for days! We had the largest room (Caleb) and it was like a suite with a small corridor leading from the main part of the room into a round tower-room which was the living room. The sofas pulled out into beds and our son slept on one which seemed very comfortable.
The mansion itself is incredibly beautiful. An amazing level of work that has been put into restoring such a spectacular building and it really shows. But it is not only beautiful but also extremely comfortable.
I don't think I have done any justice to quite how wonderful our stay was but I would urge people not only in the area but those prepared to travel long distances to go there and enjoy the experience as we have (although perhaps without the medical issues!).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This was a delightful stay at a lovely inn. We came to ride the Great Allegheny Passage from Meyersdale to Cumberland on a pretty fall weekend. Michael and Jan were great hosts who welcomed us into their home and made us feel very comfortable. They are great cooks and full of information about the area. You must stay here! They go out of their way to make sure that everything is taken care of and that you feel at home.
We will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2011

From the minute we pulled into the driveway, Michael came out to greet us, gave us instructions for storing our bikes, had towels ready to dry off from our bike ride and he started to help wipe down our gear. Then, we were offered a beverage! When we entered the mansion, we were blown away with the beautiful architecture and cleanliness of their B&B. Our spacious room was even more impressive with big fluffy comfortable beds, large bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Hot coffee was ready immediately in the morning and the breakfast - served when we wanted - was plentiful, hearty and delicious! The price is a little on the high side, but the service, food / beverages and genuine hosts are well worth the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stopped here for one night while cycling the Great Allegheny Passage and we cannot wait to go back. Michael and Jan welcomed us into their home as new friends from the instant we arrived. It was Labor Day and every restaurant in town was closed. We were wet, dirty, cold and hungry. Michael whipped up some crackers & cheese and beer & wine. Jan rustled us up some fantastic soup (bean & potato). All above and beyond the call of duty. The Mansion itself is a marvelous building. Impeccably restored by a scoundrel and lovingly enhanced by Jan & Michael. Our rooms, Angela & Josephine, were beautiful, comfortable, historic, modern, and soulful.
When you go, make sure that you go on a Monday night, because that is the night that they serve dinner for a nominal fee (since most of the restaurants in town are closed on Mondays). It was an amazing meal: appetizers, main, desert, & wine. You cannot do better in a gourmet restaurant, but you can certainly pay a great deal more.
I have to be honest and say that when I booked it, I thought Levi Deal was just a touch expensive, but when we left, we felt that it was a steal (incredible value) !
The wonderful home and fantastic food/drink are just the tip of the iceberg. Michael and Jan are two of the most interesting people that we have ever met. The conversation ranged from eclectic music to international travel to computers to children to recipes to history to environmental issues to massage to art to .....
We hated to leave and cannot wait to go back !!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank TheOranges
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meyersdale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Hampton Inn Frostburg
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#1 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Levi Deal Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!