“Great Stay and good value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mercer
Toronto
“Great Stay and good value”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Had an enjoyable and pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn Grove City. The room was clean and roomy, the breakfast was good quality. We took advantage of the stay/ shop/ dine package which is a great deal. The hotel is in a convenient location. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Gee, I see that my review was removed. Thanks for being so fair and balanced, TripAdvisor. I got your e-mail to confirm that I wrote this and the link didn't work. So I am posting this again, people have a right to know where they are staying, don'tcha think?

We were there for one night...the PROS: Lobby is nice with the exception of the fairly stained carpet in the breakfast eating area, I never understand why businesses put carpet on the floor where people eat. The staff was very friendly, very young also but friendly. AAA had quoted us a price higher than the going rate for the room and the clerk promptly offered us a discount.
I thought the pool was nice, it was a very hot day and it felt good, my daughter who swam underwater said there was a lot of algae though. The hotel is decorated very nice and it makes sense the way it is set up, it has everything you could need and not too much more.
The rooms are pretty, the furniture is nice and the bathroom was beautiful, it could have been installed the day before we got there, it looked so new. The bedding was nice, the duvet cover was soft. We really appreciated the mini fridge.
Breakfast was good, we made sure to get there early (7:15) and the sausage was good, eggs have been replaced with french toast sticks that weren't very good but there were warm biscuits so I made a sausage sandwich. Yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, danishes, cereal, excellent juice.
The CONS: The hot tub was drained of water and out of service which wasn't a huge deal to me because it was about 95 degrees outside, I was sore from shopping but a hot shower did the same job.
We were in and out from shopping and went through four, yes four in one night, sets of door entry cards because they would work once and then stop working. It became incredibly annoying to be so tired and hobble upstairs just to find that we had to return to the lobby to get a new key. Staff was apologetic but the Hampton management needs to pay to fix this, period. I have read other reviews elsewhere with guests complaining of the same problem so it has clearly been going on for a while.
Beds - Hard. Personal taste I guess but I thought the beds were hard and the pillows were too soft. A big safety hazard was that the bed frames were not attached to the headboards and the mattresses repeatedly fell off of the frames, my bed had a giant piece of metal sticking out when this happened that I kept banging my shin on. I had to get up three times and squeeze between the bed and the wall to shove the mattresses back on the frame.
Room cleanliness - Relatively good until we opened the window at night for a view, I guess the housekeeping staff doesn't do windows because it was COVERED with greasy finger marks, there was even a smiley face drawn on the window. Someone had left a review about bedbugs...I didn't check but woke up with a couple of bites on my ankle so I don't know, that certainly could have been a mosquito.
The worst problem is that this hotel must be built out of cardboard, I would swear it due to how thin the walls are. There were tornado warnings the night we were there and we figured we would be safer in our car. At 2:30 A.M. the people above us must have returned to their room and needed to exercise or something because for hours it sounded like someone was running back and forth, no tv noise or voices, just BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. I barely slept.

Overall, I would say this hotel was like a cheap plastic gift wrapped in expensive paper. I am surprised at all the good reviews and I'm glad someone liked it, I guess we're a little spoiled because we usually stay at Marriott hotels but I expected much more.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sugarplum88
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 16, 2009

An upscale Hampton but when I can't get a good night's sleep it colors everything else for me. Although some may like feeling swallowed up by a soft mattress and no back support, it does not work for me. Otherwise, room was clean and the hotel was very nice. Pool is very small - not really for swimming but, rather, splashing and play time. Breakfast, as has become true across the industry for "free breakfast included", was rather mediocre - all the hotels have fallen a long way form the initial offerings for this amenity as they try to cut costs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The rooms are well equipped with a fridge and tons of room to spread out. Standard Hampton linens and decor. Nice pool, lobby, and fitness area. However, this place is very poorly built. I was on the third floor in a King room, and could hear my neighbors (above, and both sides of me) closing dresser drawers, flushing the toilet, turning on the water for the sink or shower and opening and closing doors. I could hear kids (and adults) run and walk up and down the hallway. I couldn’t get to sleep until well after midnight and was awaken again by the same noises at 6am. I'm not a light sleeper, these were obtrusive noises.

The breakfast was standard issue for Hampton. However, the bagels were still practically frozen, they ran out of juice and it took them a while to refill it, tables were not cleaned off regularly during the breakfast time.

If you are looking for a hotel that looks pretty, this is the place for you. If you actually want to sleep, i would recommend to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Brit in NC
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed one night after a long days driving. At check-in they didn't acknowledge by hhonors gold status but I didn't bring it up. Rooms were clean although I agree the walls were a little thin. Bedding was clean and bathroom was good. Room had a fridge. Front-desk had a bottle opener for my beer (they've applied for a liquor license but not sure how that will work). Hot-tub was out of order and pool was good although my son said it had too much chlorine. Breakfast was typical for a Hampton. They had a hot egg/ham/hash option that didn't look very appetizing so I didn't try it. Location is just off the interstate and there are lots of other hotels surrounding it. Wi-Fi worked in the evening but was down in the morning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Central, KY
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Our family vacation travels brought us near Grove City, on the way to Pittsburgh from Niagara Falls, NY. We found this hotel via GPS and called ahead to book a room. Check-in was a breeze. The hotel lobby had a large HDTV with plenty of room to lounge and was adjacent to the complimentary breakfast area which we enjoyed the next morning.

You could tell that the management of this fine establishment is on top of their game. The facility is very well kept. A business center is available with computer and printer. There was also a fitness center.

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Ample towels and washclothes were supplied. The two queen size beds were very comfortable. The indoor pool was great for our small children.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Four adults stayed here for a weekend shopping trip at Grove City Outlet Mall. The suite was very spacious and the sofa, chair, ottoman with coffee table made our down time very relaxing. The rotating TV was a great idea so that four people sharing a space could spread out a little. Included breakfast was basic but good. Coffee and fruit available all day if you needed a snack or caffeine. Very close to the mall. Five minute drive if anyone needs to return to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercer
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Best Western Grove City Inn
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Grove City
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City? Share your experiences!