“Shopping Trip to Grove City”

Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mercer
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was my 5th year traveling to Grove City, Pennsylvania with a bus load of ladies and each year we have stayed at the Hampton. It has always been our first choice for accommodations because of the cleanliness, price and efficiency/friendliness of the staff. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
cmittiga, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you found our hotel to be a great value to shoppers visiting our exit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Upon arriving to the Hampton I was so impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. The fact that there is popcorn and coffee 24/7 is wonderful. The staff was helpful and informative about the area. The room was spacious and a good value for the price I paid, as well as seemingly spotless. I would have no complaints if only I hadn't gone down to the Great Room for some coffee and witnessed something that seriously upset me. The front desk agent who had checked me in (I think her name was Amie? She had short spikey hair) who had, at check in, seemed to be under a lot of stress at being apparently alone at the desk, was arguing and being downright rude to a fellow guest. From what I understand the guest was just asking for a cot, a seemingly easy request. The front desk agent was very rude and confrontational. It made me extremely uncomfortable and I made it a point to avoid the front desk for the rest of my stay except at check out. I thought about saying something to the people working but ended up being in a bit more of a rush than I had intended. As much as I enjoyed everything else about the hotel, and didn't witness any other front desk/guest confrontations, I will not be returning to this hotel. People shouldn't have to pay $139+ to stay somewhere where the threat of a rude employee being confrontational at a guest for a simple request is hanging in the air like a bad stink. Otherwise everything was wonderful. Reeducate or replace the front desk agent who had such poor customer service and I will happily return and reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank frequenttravels101
Cynthia0531, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Our guest's feedback is vital for us to provide excellent customer service to each and every stay at our hotel. It is disappointing that we failed to meet our high standard of customer service this time! Please be assured that this experience is not typical of level of hospitality that we offer our guests. Corrective actions have been taken regarding this incident, please contact me directly at 724-748-5744 at your convenience so we can discuss further!
Thank you for your time!
Cindy

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is still our first choice for our annual girlfriend shopping weekend. Rooms are very clean. (more important than anything else) Breakfast is sufficient. Staff is very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the rates go up on busier weekends, which I know is standard practice, but one weekend to the next can bring you a different rate. If there happens to be only two people, it is costly, for a Hampton Inn. But it's all about the convenience, I guess!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank momof3BrookPark_Ohio
Cynthia0531, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property and making us your hotel of choice when visiting the area! We strive to be competitive in all areas of the industry, we are thrilled that our excellent service and cleanliness keeps you returning to our hotel! We love having you here and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I come here with my girlfriends every year for a weekend get away, and we have stayed in the other hotels in the area. NONE of them compare to this amazing hotel. The rooms are clean, roomy, the breakfast is to die for and the staff,... O my the staff is friendly, professional and at the same time fun! There are many new faces at the front desk that were not there last year and all were fabulous! But the ones that seemed to shine were Courtney Bombara and Belle i didnt catch her last name! We can not wait to book our rooms for next year. This hotel is a must stay!!!! See you next October!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanne R
Cynthia0531, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of your shopping experience and stay at our hotel! The staff appreciates the positive comments, it makes what we all do worth while! We can not wait to welcome you back next year..............we love our guests!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is close to the Grove City outlet mall. It is quiet and clean, offers a great breakfast and has a very friendly and helpful staff. Great place to stay. Do not eat at Hoss' next door - the food is not even so so, ask the staff for directions to Rachel's - it is about 5 miles in the country but an excellent place to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OMTA
Cynthia0531, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel! We are very proud of the level of service our team extends to our guests. The staff loves directing our guests to high quality restaurants and shopping experiences in our area, and are always eager to provide discount / free item coupons to all that stay with us!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Excellent, exactly what was advertised. Easy access from highway, very clean, breakfast was excellent. Wish I was there on a day with free Zumba classes. Internet wireless was a bit slower than expected. Breakfast was excellent, loved the coffee!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathleen H
Cynthia0531, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! We are so happy we were able to meet your expectations and look forward to your return. Next time we will see you at our free Zumba Class!!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

All was acceptable except the TV was very poor and we wanted to watch The World Series but the picture was snowy. The game was on a National network and there was no reason for an inadequate picture hence my complaint. The room was fine and the b reakfast choices where very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at our property, we apologize that you experienced a problem with the quality of TV in your room. We value your input and wanted to assure you we have addressed the problem. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercer
Best Western Grove City Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Grove City
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City? Share your experiences!