“Great atmosphere... Great menu!”
Review of Iron Bridge Inn

Iron Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Mercer
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great atmosphere... Great menu!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We went on a recent trip to Slippery Rock U. Great, fun, family-friendly atmosphere... Awesome menu selection. My son and I both had steaks -- they were good if you like charbroiled flavor...but there were no other seasonings added which was kind of a letdown for me. My husband got prime rib -- the portion was mighty generous and the flavor outstanding. Our server was very friendly and helpful. Glad we found it... We'll definitely go back!

Chesterland, Ohio
“A Local Favorite for Good Reason”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Iron Bridge Inn is a popular area destination. You'll want to come here for very good food in a fun, rustic setting.

The restaurant is located near - you guessed it - an iron bridge about a mile and a half from I-80 in Mercer. It's a popular restaurant in the area for those visiting or attending Grove City College or the nearby outlet mall.

The outside is unremarkable, but the interior warm and charming with lots of wood surfaces and all kinds of curiosities. There is a large wooden Uncle Sam as you enter near the tall fireplace, and at least one wooden Indian elsewhere. The restaurant displays all kinds of vintage signs and lots of taxidermy, including a polar bear and several other stuffed predators. The inside is the genuine version of what chains like TGI Fridays or Applebee's try to emulate. They have lots of little quirks, such as serving drinks in mason jars.

Unfortunately, they don't take reservations, so you may have to wait for a table. It's a popular place, so a wait is typical on some weekends, but people tend to be in good humor and don't seem to mind.

The menu does not appear fancy, but most of the offerings have interesting twists. One member of our party had macaroni and cheese with lobster. Another had Louisiana style chicken with Cajun greens. All were surprisingly good and the portions were large. We ordered the Ho-Ho cake for dessert, expecting it to be too sweet, but it was actually very good.

Our service was friendly and very attentive.

I would rate the restaurant somewhere between very good and excellent. It's a fun and memorable place where you can go out with friends and get a very good meal at a fair price.

Hubbard, Ohio
“great food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Some of the best steak in the area,a must have is there ribeye. I eat there at least once a week. A friend of mine took my wife and I there ten years ago for my birthday. I'm hooked, I have been going there faithfully ever since. One of the nicest atmosphere and laid back restaurants I have ever been to.

Milton, Canada
“FANTASTIC FOOD”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Huge portions,fantastic food and prices,Brittany a wonderful server,ate on Sunday evening relaxing wait at bar

Connecticut
“Great food, cool atmosphere, exuberant waitress”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I were headed home from a week-long road trip. It was getting dark and food offerings looked sparse on I-80 in western Pennsylvania. We had already pulled off at a few exits and discovered a lot of nothing. It's only by luck that I spotted the Iron Bridge's billboard in the fading daylight.

The Iron Bridge is about 2-1/2 miles from the exit ramp, but it is well worth the detour. This is a restaurant that delivers satisfaction in many ways. The shabby chic decor is delightful, the waitstaff is devoted to serving you, and the food is terrific. It's not often that you meet a server who is excited about their job, but ours certainly was and she made sure we were well taken care of. The prime rib is top of the line, tender and tasty. They even had fresh grated horseradish to go with it, a zippy addition to the entree and far better than the wimpy creamed variety usually served up. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food the Iron Bridge delivers.

If we are pass through western Pennsylvania on I-80 at dinnertime again, the Iron Bridge will be the place we go.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank thirdshf

Been to Iron Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!