“Terrible experience, never again”
Review of Rachel's Roadhouse

Rachel's Roadhouse
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Mercer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Terrible experience, never again”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Had to wait 1 hr to be seated. Food was less than marginal, prices were average. I have never been sicker from a eating out in my life, I was considering going to er. My experience was so bad that I will never go anywhere near it. Contacted manager, she didn't even offer me a refund. Did I say I will never return there again, I would rather eat mcd or sheetZ
Waitress was very nice

Pennsylvania, Usa
“Rachel's is a Winner!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having visited and enjoyed several other Springfield Group Restaurants, I finally had the opportunity to visit Rachel's Roadhouse. It is located in a beautiful old house, with a patio bar in the rear. The bar area is enclosed in the cooler months and was a pleasant place to wait for a table in the restaurant. This place is so popular that we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table for 2 after arriving at 4:45 on a Saturday afternoon! They have a bar menu available on the patio but since it was our first visit, we waited to sit inside the main room. The restaurant is attractively decorated in a roadhouse-style. The service is friendly and fairly expedient. Our food was very good. I was a bit disappointed that the menu emphasis was more on sandwiches and less on entrees, but they do offer a specials card with additional entrees. We had no trouble choosing entrees and both were very good. The soups were also excellent. The wine list is not long, but reasonably priced. The food prices are excellent and the experience is high value. We will definitely return to Rachel's.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

When traveling to Mercer County, this is a MUST stop for me! I must say, this is my most favorite restaurant ever! Everything about it is A+++++. Service, atmosphere, food, prices... It has it all!!! Would not think of eating anywhere else! Can't wait for my next visit!!!

• Visited April 2013
“Rachel's Provides Road Respite”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Whether you're a local regular or a traveler who's just passing through, Rachel's Roadhouse, on Rt 19 just south of the I-80 Mercer exit provide an excellent respite from your normal daily meal routine. Rachel's provides a cool roadhouse early 20th century type atmosphere with very efficient and courteous service. Their meat-and-potatoes menu is loaded with variations on traditional fare, great burgers, good sandwhich menue, as well as a slate of daily dinner and lunch specials. Well worth the drive if its out of your way. Only complaint is that on my last trip there, the pop from the dispenser was flat and the Yuengling I got on-tap was not as cold or as carbonated as it could have been. But overall, make Rachel's Roadhouse a must-stop-at location on your next journey anywhere near Mercer!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Consistently good food and service!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have never had bad food or bad service here. The food is very good as are the prices. We used to go all the time when we were kids and I now take my grown up family there whenever we are in town.

• Visited March 2013