“Great little local place”
Review of My Brother's Place

My Brother's Place
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Mercer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Franklin, Pennsylvania
“Great little local place”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food and service is fabulous!!! Portion sizes are large and you get a lot for you money.. Would go back anytime without hesitation!

Visited February 2013

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“On the slide?”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what the problem is with this place but every time I eat here the service gets worse. My first visit was good so we came back, the second visit the server acknowledged that she had forgotten my garlic bread, but then never brought it or came back at all except to drop off the check. No refill on my drink and I really wanted my garlic bread too.

My third visit was probably the nail in the coffin. I ordered the open faced turkey and asked for mashed potatoes. The server asked if I wanted gravy on the potatoes and I clearly said no. When I got my food I had no mashed potatoes, I had french fries....smothered in the gravy that I told her I did not want.

Come on. If anything this place should take a refresher course in customer service and quality control.

• Visited April 2013
Western PA
“Depends on the purpose of the visit”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food is okay, simple, edible. But I think most people go there for the "shot and beer" experience. It isn't the most inviting atmosphere. The bar is small.

Sharon, Pennsylvania
“UGH!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I just got back from a luncheon meeting that was scheduled in advance at this place. We RSVP'd for 30 people a week ago. When we walked in the door we were met with that "deer in the headlights" look. Even though the meeting was scheduled well in advance and a "head count" was given 4 days in advance, we had to wait while they prepared the meeting room which was partially under construction.

They had one guy there at lunch time who took orders for two of our tables of 8 people, and apparently forgot about the remaining two tables. He put their orders in, then served them drinks, brought their food out and THEN came back to the last two tables to take orders. By that time the meeting was over so none of us ordered anything because we had to get back to work. I was paying for two of the guests who did get meals and I had to wait over a half hour to get their bills.

One guy for a 30 person group AND he also had to take orders for the rest of the restaurant (although it wasn't that busy). That's ridiculous!

They may be ok for one or two people but they certainly don't know how to deal with a group, even though they advertise that they specialize in that area!

I can only rate the service as terrible, I can't rate the food because I didn't get any!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Debra A
Hattiesburg, MS
“Cozy eatery”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good food cozy place on a cool night. Almost like a local pub feel. Close seating. Prices not bad, service good not over crowded.

Visited March 2013