My husband and I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express this past weekend for a quick getaway for his birthday. From the outside I wasn't expecting much out of the ordinary: the hotel is located on a strip which houses other such hotels and resturants. However, it is almost directly across the street from Prime Outlets - which was our primary reason for chosing Grove City. Upon check in, we were very impressed with the hotel, the staff that greeted us were friendly, one lady even joked a lot and had us laughing. Check-in was seamless and in less than 10 mintues we were in our room - and happy with it! I booked the King Jacuzzi Suite so we could soak, have a glass of wine and relax. The room (a little pricey at $179+ tax with AAA discount) was very clean, fresh and open. The pictures on the website are pretty accurate but actually don't do the rooms any justice! The decor is warm and inviting and more than once my husband commented on the window/coverings. It was better than the standard, beige flank sheet that most hotels throw up. The moring light was completely shut out and didn't wake me in the morning.
The bed was large and comfortable with better than budget bedding, the TV was adequate size and there were little extas like the chair with ottoman and a small table for two. It had a sink area with microwave and fridge. The bathroom was clean and bright, the towels fresh. I mean we really had NO complaints. If I have to say anything negative at all I'd say I wish my pillows were "fluffier" and the jacuzzi larger. Truly it was really only built for one. My husband and I are not small people, I'm 5' 11" and he's 6' 3", no way the both of us were getting in there together! But I'm not really a jaccuzi person, but he is so it worked out, though it did hamper the whole "soaking together" thing. I just sat on the step and we talked and drank our wine like that.
When we went out to dinner the lady at the front desk gave us coupons for discounts at the mall and we had only to show our room key at Hoss's Steak House to get a 10% discount. Breakfast at the hotel the next morning was free - and hot - I only wish they had more of an option for hot food. They served some sort of boiled ham or canadian bacon, my husband ate it - I did not. I made my own pancakes, drank coffee and orange juice and was happy.
We checked out - but did not use - the business center, the great room (where you can get free popcorn, coffee, tea or water with lemon 24 hours a day), the fitness room or the pool. I don't know what occasion one would have to be in the hotel long-term but if I had to stay there for more than two nights, I know I'd be very comfortable and probably would use these ammenities.
Overall I give this property two-thumbs up. My husband and I have gotten to be sort of "hotel conniesseurs" and I'm impressed that what you see on the hotel's website is actually what you get when you check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exceptional staff at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, PA are waiting to make your stay familiar, fun, and fabulous! Located across from the Grove City Premium Outlets where you will enjoy tax free shopping on clothing and shoes at their 130 brand name stores. Plus, the all new Timber Creek Brewery and Restaurant opens in October 2015 right next door, featuring a must see glass floor! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall Hotel Mercer
- Holiday Inn Express Mercer
- Holiday Inn Mercer
- Mercer Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grove City Pa