“Good value ! Great Location!!”

Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mercer
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel at least three times previous, and it has always been a dependable Holiday Inn Express location. We were checked in very efficiently and offered some coupons for local restaurants which were appreciated. The Queen suit had been renovated and had new carpeting and wallpaper and was nicely updated. As I have mentioned I have stayed here before and unless I am mistaken it appears they have upgraded a regular Queen room by adding a sink and micro/fridge, squeezed in a sofa/bed and now call it a suite. The second queen bed is pushed right up to the heating/air conditioning unit and makes it impossible/difficult to get in or out of that side of bed. As mentioned by a previous reviewer it seems rather small and I seem to recall a queen suite being a larger room on previous stays. However the beds were very comfortable and room had a very pleasant appearance. Staff we encountered were very nice and the complimentary breakfast was quite good. I am sure we will use this hotel in the future !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jacksondj5

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed here with family on Christmas and Boxing day (we are Canadians coming for tax-free outlet shopping!). We had a double bed room, which was clean and comfortable. We thought the room would be a bit bigger but we managed to still be comfy. The washroom is spotless and the housekeeping is good. The ventilation and air flow is good, with heat or cold air easily adjusted. The beds are comfortable after a whole day of being on our feet at the mall. We called room service both nights to request more bath towels and as soon as we hung up, the towels arrived almost immediately (we were close to the service desk but you can tell they attended to us right away). At one point we thought we lost one of the key cards so we requested and received a replacement with no trouble at all. The staff here are great! The breakfast was similar on both days, with some additional items on day 2 (omelettes and bacon). For a complimentary hotel breakfast, this wasn't bad (I've had better and worse elsewhere). We liked the 24 hour access to tea and popcorn (freshly popped).

A special mention and thank you to the manager on duty on Christmas night, Julian. I had a surprise present planned for my boyfriend, which required a hotel staff to play along. I spoke to him beforehand without any problems and the surprise turned out perfect. THANKS JULIAN!

Room Tip: If you can, try to choose a room on the higher level. We were on the ground floor and we could hear...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sn1202
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Every year three of us travel to Grove City Premium Outlet to get our Christmas shopping done. We've stayed at all the major hotels directly across from the Premium Outlet and this was our second time at the Holiday Inn Express. We stayed two nights, arriving late on a Friday, and checking in was no problem despite our late arrival.
Unfortunately, our two rooms were not side by side or directly across from each other despite the fact that our reservation was made at least three months earlier...a minor annoyance. The rooms were a decent size (two queens in one, and one king in the other) with typically neutral decor. It was nice that there was a fridge and a microwave in each room as I have to travel with my own food due to allergies. (That being said, I'm sure the included breakfast has more than the average continental, but I didn't try anything but the coffee!) Each bed came with choices of (labelled) hard or soft pillows, which was a nice touch, but the room was not left in a spotless condition. There was dust on several surfaces of the room, and before you think I'm overly picky, I'm talking about the night table between the beds and the stand for the fridge/microwave...both surfaces that would be regularly used, so should be regularly wiped down.
One detail that made me very happy was the abundance of outlets in this room. I hate when a hotel hides all their electrical outlets for whatever reason (I'm thinking cheapness), so when I come across a place that has plenty it's a happy thing! My friend and I had each brought noise machines, plus chargers for cell phones, etc., and there were outlets for all we had and more. I was happy to not have to shove heavy furniture around just so I could charge my cell.
While the main room was decent, the bathroom left a lot to be desired. It seemed so tired! The hotel exterior is nicely done and new looking, the rooms look updated and nice, but the bathroom was showing every minute of its existence. Kind of yuck. The handle on our toilet was super wiggly and loose and in fact the morning of our departure it actually fell off in my hand...thank goodness we were leaving. The shower had seen better and brighter (and cleaner) days and the sink area needed a lick of paint or something. When we asked our friend what her bathroom was like she was surprised at our complaints, apparently her's was newly renovated, so perhaps this is a work in progress.
All in all, this is a decent place to stay. You can't beat the location (across from the outlet), there's a breakfast thrown in to fuel your shopping day, they have a pool and small workout room (although 12 hours of shopping is enough of a workout to me), and the rooms were adequately clean and functional for a decent price.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a newer bathroom. Hotels in the area will give you a coupon to get a free discount...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank akoba
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night for Black Friday shopping at the Grove City outlets. We checked in late afternoon on Thursday and wanted to start shopping Thanksgiving night since the stores opened that night. The staff was very helpful in providing a map to the mall, some coupons and also suggested the grove city mall shuttle. It runs every half hour starting at 9 and serviced all the hotels in the vicinity. This is a very convenient service since you don't have to worry about parking!

We had the king suite with sofa bed and jacuzzi on the 2nd floor. It was very spacious and well-kept and had a fridge, microwave and a sink in the kitchenette, and had two TVs. Breakfast was pretty good and they had a good selection. Wifi also worked great. There was also an indoor pool although we didn't get a chance to enjoy it.

Overall, I loved my experience at this hotel and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank djeriz
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while doing our Christmas shopping. The room was a good size, very clean and updated. The service was great, check in was quick and the breakfast buffet was very good, one of the better breakfast buffets I've had. We were also given some coupons to use at the various restaurants in the area. During our first night we had some very loud ladies in the room next door, it was 2:30 in the morning and they were still making noise, my wife called down to complain and the night manager must have called up to tell them to keep it down. In the morning after our warm and hearty breakfast we told the manager (Julie) about the problem and without hesitating put us up in another room for the next night. Thats customer service, thanks again Julie. By the way we had a great dinner at Springfields Grill were we used our free appetizer and dessert coupons, the food here is great and the prices are very very reasonable for the portions you get. Again over all I would definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CruiserJoe
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Spent three nights at this hotel. In Mercer for a training at Slippery Rock University and the locale was within 15 minutes of the school. Room review: clean, modern, quiet, adequate amenities, wifi worked well on 2nd floor where my room was. Shower pressure which is important to me was awesome and the bathroom itself was decent. The staff were all nice and the hotel offers free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and popcorn 24 hours a day. As for restaurants nearby, there are few. The best ones are about a 10-15 minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed here for just one night while doing some shopping in Grove City.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and upbeat. They made restaurant suggestions as well as giving us discount coupons to some local eateries.

The room was surprisingly large and very clean. The bed wasn't exceptionally comfortable - but I'm admittedly a tough sleeper to please. I can't comment honestly on the value as we stayed here on free Priority Rewards points.

For just doing some shopping in Grove City, this was a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercer
Best Western Grove City Inn
Monroe Heights Hotel
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall? Share your experiences!