“Not a good experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mendenhall
Branchville, New Jersey
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The bed, TV, and internet were fine. The room was ok, a bit musty and small, but ok overall. However the toilet never did flush, and it never did get fixed even though I called repeatedly and told the woman at the front desk personally. Also the tub had a huge stain on the bottom, and the elevator didn't work one morning.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank DaisyFields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed March 22, 2011

It's a very special hotel which gives you a rustic feeling in an excellent setting. The serene surroundings are perfect for a morning walk, which can re-charge you like anything.

The tranquility and quietness is unparallel and ideal for people will to take a day out.

Good, well appointed restaurant, with a variety of items, including authentic traditional dishes

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bijotv
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I attended a wedding reception and stayed overnight. The food at the cocktail hour was good, but the dinner was terrible. The staff at the front desk are not friendly or welcoming at all. Returning to my room after the reception I was met by the manager and a security guard who were roaming the halls seeming to look for problems. My room was quiet except for hearing the manager banging on doors of other rooms to ask them to be quiet - I couldn't hear any noise from the rooms, only from the manager and security guard. Would not recommend having a wedding there if you want your guests to stay overnight - several who attended my wedding were evicted.

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank krackr26
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Recently attended a wedding at the Mendenhall and upon returning to our room with my 84 year old mother there was a loud bang on the door. We had just finished settling in for the night. When I opened the door the hotel manager informed me that this was our first notice that were we distubing the other guest and the next knock would be our eviction without refund. Seriously, I was appalled actually thought it a practical joke. My mother was very upset and felt unsafe I said he better make arrangements for my mother's transportation. Noise up and down the hall and when I looked out the manager was banging on various doors along with a vested securtiy guard. Very disturbing and unsettling - like something out of a Steven King novel.
Lovely wedding reception -venue is lovely - food very good - bar and waitstaff at reception truly lovely - breakfast the next day was a nice experience. However, none of it made up for the treatment of the hotel manager.
Would never stay at the hotel again - my advice anyone attending a wedding in the future to hire a limo or call a taxi to take me to a hotel where you could actually have a good nights rest. for alot less money than Mendenhall.

Stayed November 2010
6 Thank irish1959
Broomall Pa
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We had a large group involving a wide range. The staff went out of there way to let you know you are being watched and they had the power to remove you at will. Upon leaving the bar at 11:30 pm I was met with a disturbing glare and a most unpleasant face. I am 56 years old and have not had an issue with any authority in my life. Several of the people attending were US Marines, good enough to fight for us in the middle east but not stay at the mendenhall. The manager evicted them with extreme prejudice. The manager was overheard using an awful curse when he became aware they were marines. I have 2 daughters that we are planning weddings. Mendenahll won't be considered.

Stayed November 2010
6 Thank HugeTraveler111
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We found the hotel to be quite pleasant, although rather quiet in October. Little bit of road noise from the highway at night. My only other complaint, or rather comment, was that the room windows were really small and the room seemed a little bit claustrophobic.
Good value for money when you consider that that an adequate breakfast is part of the deal. The Hotel's resturant was excellent, and reasonably priced. We ate there both nights.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tourister10
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The staff was friendly and the hotel was nice. The hotel bar closed early, which was a negative. However, we did not have to have a DD to go out. I was there for a wedding as well, so the bar was nice to go to after the reception. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The bathroom area was large enough for at least two people getting ready at the same time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank angelatravels11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendenhall
Brandywine River Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!