“Delicious food and a warm and welcoming atmosphere”
Review of Mendenhall Inn

Mendenhall Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Mendenhall Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mendenhall
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillendale
Description: Dining at the award winning Mendenhall Inn stands alone as one of the great destinations in the Brandywine Valley as you return to a time of classic elegance & charm. Entrees borrowed from French & classic American cuisine make dining at The Mendenhall Inn a truly memorable experience. Enjoy our all new family night menu Sunday - Thursday. Outside dining, weather permitting.
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We always celebrate special occasions at the Mendenhall Inn. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff are very attentive to needs. While some would consider the menu to be a little pricey, it is well worth the expense. I highly recommend the prime rib and the flounder with crab imperial. Their Brandy Alexanders' are the best that I have ver had, anywhere. Do yourself a favor when in Kennett Square -visit the Mendenhall Inn- you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Sandy F

Reviewed September 26, 2011

SHOCKED! When I heard all the Rave Reviews on the Historic Mendenhall Inn I was genuinely excited to be there. Going in to the lobby, there were no CLEAR directions as to where the Host would be. I had to ask a Stuffy, Tight Collard Host. The PLEASANT and HELPFUL water guy sat us at our table. The Bread boy was available, pleasant, and quick to refill our bread/butter plates. Rolls were nothing special. The Waiter was Egotistical, Stuffy, and appeared Shocked when I asked him if they had any local or house brewed beers. I there were specials listed in the large, confusing menu. My date had chosen an appetizer only to find later that there was another page of appetizers. Within a minute of ordering we flagged down the server and he was extremely condescending responding to our questions as to which is a popular appetizer. We waited FOREVER to get the check. He was busy busing tables behind us. The Food was not anything special and the waiter actually told us we'd be getting FRESH ASPARAGUS, when we actually got Green Beans. The Seafood Crepes in a Saffron Sauce was what I ordered. The dish was baked, bland and used cocktail shrimp and previously frozen bay scallops. It resembled a Weight Watchers Frozen Meal! It was so late we decided to pass on the desert. That promoted an even LONGER wait for the check! (Punishment for not ordering the desert?) The Price DID NOT reflect the quality or service. I would NOT go back! There's plenty of other Historic Inns / Restaurants in the area!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Went to the restaurant twice in a three day span. The first night was magnificent from top to bottom - food, service, ambiance, etc. The second night was not nearly as pleasurable; the aftermath of Hurricane Irene left the restaurant without power. The staff seemed to be shorthanded, temperature became uncomfortable, darkness prevailed, one steak was badly undercooked, while the other was more fat than meat - absolutely inedible. Perhaps they shouldn't have opened? One bright spot - our waitress (Nicole) performed like a star amid the adverse conditions. The restaurant adjusted our bill accordingly, and I'd return in the future. Just think they could've done a better job under the circumstances - primarily by having sufficient staff instead of a depleted one, and generators that actually worked as designed.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We wanted to have a very small wedding with just immediate family, and the Mendenhall Inn was able to assist us with the task. Our wedding coordinator, Lisa was helpful and guided me through the process of dining selections as well as beverage choices. Upon arriving to the venue on our wedding day, I was so thrilled to find the room set- up to be complementary to a small wedding. The tables were arranged in such a way that the family could converse without looking around others. The food was outstanding, and our waiter for the evening, Caesar was attentive and courteous. I would highly recommend the Mendenhall to anyone wishing for their wedding to be exactly how they imagined---they are magical!

1  Thank Phillytravelgirl76
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Dinner for my wife's birthday proved to be a nice surprise. The service was outstanding. The food was excellent. We have been here a few times in the past, but this time everything was better than we had experienced in the past.

1  Thank delawhereNewCastle