“Worst experiance ever”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Media
Thomaston, Connecticut
“Worst experiance ever”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was flying thru Philadelphia for business and USAir had to rebook us on a flight the following day. they placed us in the Quality Inn, Media. It took over 2 hours to finally get room in one of the hotels shuttle vans. I know they were very busy due to cancelled flights, and they are located 16 miles from the airport, but they should have additional resources available for these situations. once I was assigned a room, I opened the door and discovered that the heat was off. It was 0 F outside. The heater would not work correctly, and only blew out air slightly warmer than the air temp. I did not call the desk and ask for another room, due to the short layover and time, 12am, I didn't want to waste anymore time dealing with this hotel. I removed all the sheets and blankets from the 2nd bed and slept for the remaining 2 hours. The room was also not cleaned very well.

I travel very often, and have never had an experience like this. I would avoid this hotel at ALL cost. Sleeping on the floor at the airport would have been much less disruptive and comfortable.

Room Tip: Use another Hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerry Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Media a few weeks ago. I checked in around 8.30 pm, when I pulled the sheets back, I saw many wrinkles on the sheets.for one minute I thought, I hope these are clean sheets.then I did something else, and forgot all about it.
Next morning early, I went for breakfast, when I came back I noticed, someone has been in my room. All the towels were taken, the tip was taken and the bed was pulled together again.
Then I was sure, that these sheets do not get changed. I wonder how many people have to sleep in them, until they get changed. This is very unsanitary,
I have been itching several days , I must have picked up some mites.
it could have been bedbugs.

Room Tip: get an other inn
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Hannah M
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We r very sorry, about your concern. I wanted to let u know that u worried for nothing as all the
Sheets are changed everyday .They do look wrinkled as the bottom sheet is a fitted one & do not fold right the top
Sheet is a regular one .it comes from the Laundromat as u see. Next morning your door was open so The housekeeper took out all the dirty linen as towels r washed in the hotel. There is no sanitary
Problem at our hotel so u need not worry .we apologize for your incontinence, but we will try to accommodate u in better way & give u better service in your future stay with us. we appreciate
Your feedback which gives us chance to improve our services..

Travelers are raving about these Media hotels

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel and glad I didn't if their customer service is anything like what I have gone through trying to get a refund from a cancellation made in September. I have called twice, the first timethe manager told me he did not charge my card, my travel agent did. The second time when I requested a response in 24 hours, I did not receive any response at all. My travel agent tried working with them, but they were not cooperative. I will call them every day if I have to, as this outstanding charge remains on my corporate credit card.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rioja44
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I am sorry to hear this, you made this reservation with your travel agent and he is responsibility to change OR cancel this reservation if there is change your trip plan he should call hotel and cancel the reservation or he could do that online if you call here after your arrival date it's not going to cancel OR change this reservation b'coz hotel is hold this reservation until next day. There is no manager just say we are not charge your card and your travel agent didn’t call to hotel your he did not spoke with me to need any change or cancellation this reservation but still you or your travel agent provide any cancellation number we will corrected this error happily ......sorry for inconvenience ....
Tunkhannock
Reviewed October 22, 2013

i travel alot usually for work, finally being able to get away with my wife we made the mistake ok booking a room here with my choice points,, i sure hope anyone who pays cash for there room gets a better service than we did, not only was the room we recived not the room that was booked thru choice points but it was a room someone eles had already checked into, so as my wife gets out of shower there was a young lady knocking at the door wondering why we were in her room,,after a trip to the office and the hotel staff giving this young lady another room,we noticed burn marks on the bed, one set of towels, no extra pillows avaliable at the front desk..after being explained to that as a diamond elite member because of all of my hotel stays that i could upgrade to abetter room at no charge by choice points was told by hotel staff that i surley could upgrade, by paying full rate for what ever room i wanted and loose the points already used to book the first room, im sorry but as much as i travel this is by far the worse hotel service i have ever gotten,i usually have very good luck with the entire chain of choice hotels but this place has made me think maybe that is a mistake on my part, this will not be the only review i write for this place, up to and including contacting choice hotels themselves

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christopher M
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Sorry, for the inconvenience for your last stay with us, here I like to say my new front desk by mistake make a wrong room key and that’s take care right away before someone go in that room and my new front desk person apology for that to your husband. And this weekend you asking for upgrade the room with choice point yes we can do that for king to double bed not for Jacuzzi room. If choice customer says like that then someone tell you wrong we are sorry for pillow also night of you stay the hotel was full and before you check in the other GST are took extra pillow so we do not have any extra left in inventory. And there is nothing different between free night GST OR GST who Pay on front ……..we are sorry again for inconvenience……..we will try to give you better service for your next stay…
akron ny
Reviewed October 6, 2013

10/6/2013 Just got home from staying at the quality inn in media pa. My husband and i have been staying in many hotels since our son is now in college and playing football since september, our son plays out of state many times.. This by far is the best,. Updated and very clean rooms. Breakfast was better then most. hot items many cold choices,coffee, juices. Staff very helpful and friendly. Picked this hotel because of the reviews which were given and we were not disapponited and you will not be either. Price is very reasonable.Would recommend highly!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Roseann C
pns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When stranded by an airline in Philadelphia, the airline put us up in the Quality Inn, Media, PA. It is way out in the boondocks, at least a ten dollar cab ride from anywhere. The motel van took two hours to pick us up at the airport. The next day the manager insisted on delivering us back to the airport nine hours before hour flight. He was a tall man with a Napoleonic complex. The motel was barely adquate in terms of cleaniliness and comfort. Altogether and unpleasnt atmosphere. I believe I have stayed at my last Quality Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank johngllgskns
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I would like to take this time to address a few of the issues you listed in the review above. In times of inclement weather the hotel is utilized by the airport for its distressed passengers. Our hotel sits approximately 14 miles South of the airport and in decent weather and off peak hrs this ride is approximately 20 minutes in each direction. Each of our hotel's shuttles seats 10 passengers & at the time capacity is reached, the shuttle must return to the hotel & then cycle back to the airport. Each of these full cycles is about an hr & in times of inclement weather, slower moving traffic due to the inclement weather, and/or heavy traffic volume due to peak hrs. these cycles do have the ability to exceed these times. Regardless, we would like to take this time to apologize for the time you spent awaiting the shuttle to the hotel.

As for you arriving at the airport hrs. prior to your scheduled flights departure, we do apologize for this inconvenience. The reason this occurred is due to the hotel's checkout time is set for 11am & at this time we run the last shuttle to the airport.

In regards to the hotel not meeting your standards of cleanliness/comfort, we would like to apologize for this inconvenience as well. We hope if given the opportunity to travel & stay at any Quality Inn again, you would give the hotel another opportunity to impress you.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The reviews rating this as either "excellent" or "terrible" are both out of touch with the reality of this sector of the hotel market. This is a cheap, basic motel. Rooms are comfortably large, bathrooms have been renovated in the last few years, bed is fine, shower water pressure fine, free breakfast is basic. You get what you pay for. For the $90 "AAA" rate this is about right. No major issues. Staff was pleasant enough. This is a place where you park your car in front of the room and the doors open up to the parking lot. One big plus, they have DirectTV, and you have hundreds of channels to choose from. No problems with wireless internet. Just a basic, barebones place to rest your weary bones and be on your way the next day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Stephen G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Media
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!