“I will never stay here again”
Review of Quality Inn Media

Quality Inn Media
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I added it up and realized that over the years I have spent more them 10,000 at this hotel. The hotel has been better or worse over the years but no matter how run down it was it was always clean. Well, not even clean anymore

Parts of the room did not look like they had been cleaned for months. I found old popcorn under the bed. There was actually crusty food (hopefully) between the sheet and the matress pad cover ! Something has been smeared on the wall of the bathroom and I found a bug on the ceiling in the bathroom. Very interesting stains on the comforter (see pictures).

My room was right outside the area of the hotel they do laundry in and it felt like it. Dirty laundry in hampers outside my hotel room 24 hours a day.

When I checked in, my key did not work on the room, I got another one. Next night I came back to the hotel, did not work again, they had to fix it again. There were business cards on the front desk identifying the manager Celia. I asked for her and was told she no longer worked there. I asked the manager on duty to please have housekeeping sweep the carpet around the bed and along the wall under the crumbling plaster, and nothing got done. I asked again they they apologized and volunteered to change my room. (did not really want to deal with a whole new set up problems in another room so I stayed) At least I was not waking up with bedbug bites.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank WiltonManorsGuy
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I would like to take the time out to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We have taken the proper attention and action to take care of this matter.

Again please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to see you during your future travels to Media, PA.

Management

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Checked in approx. 3:00 in the a.m. Staff was very knowledgeable and accommodating...due to rewards membership, I was allowed an extended stay which was perfect considering the very late check-in. The extra rest was needed. Earned double points too.

Clean and quiet ... would have loved for the price to be under $100 but unfortunately not. No complaints....would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Meeeshia
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Does anything else about the hotel matter if you wake up and there is a bed bug crawling out of the sheets with you and you notice a blood stain that wasn't there the night before?

Bed Bugs on the 200-level floor / back of the lobby

Room Tip: Tip - go here if you want you want to be bitten and would like to leave a blood stain in memory of y...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nini H
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I would like to take the time out to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during you stay. We have taken the proper attention and action to take care of this matter. This kind of issue is something that is out of our reach, but I can assure you that this is not a common and it has been addressed.

Management

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel was clean enough, the breakfast was better than I expected--if you don't mind having the very same thing every single day, the staff was adequate but not really willing to go any out of their way to help you. If the regular person cleaned my room, everything was fine. On the days she was off, one day, they forgot to restock the coffee. Another day, they didn't add toilet paper, even though one roll was gone and the other over half used. When the report was that Hurricane Irene was stopping by for a visit, I (never having experienced a hurricane before) went to the desk to see how they were preparing. Basically, they weren't and they'd posted a sign saying they would not be responsible if the electricity was off. (In other words, we were pretty much on our own and they wanted you to understand that.) I stayed at this hotel because it was the most convenient to the areas I needed to work during my business trip. Under the same conditions, I would stay again, only because every thing was OK, and I can handle "ok" for convenience. But don't expect anyone here to go a single step out of the way to make your stay more pleasant. It isn't going to happen!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in order to visit friends who lived in Media.

We were flying in from overseas and after arriving at the airport, made a quick call and organized for them to come and collect us. Our check-in was very smooth and we were able to organize for our transport back to the airport (for 5:15 am). The reception is open 24/7. The reception staff were always helpful.

I was very happy with our bedroom. There were all the amenities you could expect from a hotel of this level and the bathroom, although small, was clean and sufficient.

The bed was large, comfortable and clean, although the sheets were a bit worn.

There is a laundry room with vending machine, washer and dryer and we were able to use them to finish off our laundry quite late at night before packing to leave the next morning . There was free internet.

Breakfast is provided in a small area attached to the reception. I can't really comment as it was completely unlike breakfasts I've had before - a cultural difference.

If I was to go back to Media I would not be upset if I ended up staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank smulholland24
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The hotel has hired a new manager. A big improvement. The rooms are now being inspected after cleaning and they are CLEAN !! I had problems before with consistency and those problems are gone. Every day the room was made up properly, when I expected it to be made up. And nothing was ever missed. After staying overnight the first night, I noticed the A/C unit was quite loud. I reported it the following day and when I got back to my room the entire unit had been changed to one much newer.
You don't get this kind of service in other hotels !!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WiltonManorsGuy
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night as we had a meeting with my sons cyber-school early the next morning and we didn't want to have to drive three hours in the middle of the night to be there on time. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean, and we saw no bugs. It is fine for a place to stay, nothing out of the ordinary, but suited the purpose, which was a place to stay for the night.
Once we got there we decided we needed a rollaway bed also, and it was only about 5-10 minutes until they brought it to the room. My son brought his Ipod, and the wireless internet worked fine on that. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room also. The air conditioner worked fine also. There was also a small coffee maker and hair dryer.
On a side note, the Dennys that is advertised as being adjacent to the hotel is closed. We did not go to the breakfast in the morning so I can not comment on that, but when we checked out, it was set up and from what I could see there were pastries, some hot food, not sure what, and a small variety of other foods. I would stay here again if I needed to be in that area for a night or two. We were satisfied overall.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank momof2boyz2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Media
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!