“Not your typical deli place...but better”
Review of Wayside Market

Wayside Market
Ranked #31 of 124 Restaurants in Media
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 23, 2014

For starters, Wayside Market is located in a place you would not think a Market/Cafe would be. It is in a quiet street among the row of homes. This is frequented by the locals and residents of the area. I like that they address each other by names. The Cafe is clean, fully stocked with necessities for someone wanting a snack or a meal quickly without having to stop at a big supermarket. After yelping for awhile, I have certain expectations from businesses that I visit. If a business decide to post their own photo on the yelp side, I expect to be served that product the same way. Their interpretation of a cheese steak sandwich needs improvement big time. Wayside Market posted their own photo of their cheese steak sandwich on their Yelp page that is filled up with a lot of steak. Mine, check out the photo I had posted and you be the judge. I like the fact that they have this interesting soda machine that is void of High Fructose corn syrup and instead sweetened with cane sugar. You have 8 different flavors to choose from... Their salad is fresh and the grilled chicken was tasty. The Chicken Steak Gourmet pizza was OK. They could cook the pizza longer and have a crispier crust. I love their buffalo wings, it was tasty, and finger licking good. Our server/cashier was pleasant and informative. She gave her recommendations on some of the menu choices. The Grilled Veggies Panini was not pressed on the grill. It looked to me like a Grilled Veggies Sandwich. Don't get me wrong, the sandwich was delicious. But if you are serving a Panini sandwich, I expect to see a pressed sandwich with grill marks. Over all, I will not mind returning back here. I will skip the cheese steak sandwich. And if I will order another panini sandwich, I will mention to the server to make sure that it is grilled and pressed the way a panini should be.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wayside Market makes really good pizza! I ordered it for takeout without a menu on hand, and the women on the phone was helpful and friendly. The pizza was ready when she said it would be and it was the best pizza I've had within the last year. We got a veggie special, pepperoni, and plain cheese. The restaurant/market has a happy community atmosphere. And did I mention how good the pizza is?

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Wayside for years and they never let me down. It is a small restaurant with a small town feel. Not many seats but most orders are carry out. I have tried many items and get their catering for any party I have and everyone always raves about the food. My favorite catering playter are there wraps. They have tons of different types of wraps are delicious. My favorite is the turkey, bacon, cheddar wrap. I order it at least once a month. Try wayside you'll love it!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This family owned and operated deli has a super daily menu, plus some interesting daily specials. They also make great thin crust pizzas.They treat everyone like family. Atmosphere is not fancy, just deli!.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Eat-in or take-out service. Delivery available. All food is homemade and good. They also cater. Great Hoagies, Steak Sandwiches, Pizza, Platters, Soups/Salads, Breakfast, etc. Good quality. Eat there often.