“Not special anymore!”
Review of Stephen's on State

Stephen's on State
Reserve with OpenTable
Stephen's on State is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 119 Restaurants in Media
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Not special anymore!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Second time here. I had high expectations, since last time was great. This time, the host ignored us and took the next people, even with a reservation. The waiter was ok, as was the food. I think the place would rather cater to the bar crowd. There was a single ladies room, and had to wait awhile. Will not return

philadelphia
“alot to be desired”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The restaurant is cramped, my food was sent back and replaced with a different choice(my doing), my dinner partners food was good. The prices on the specials should be listed as you may get a big surprise when you get the bill!

• Visited June 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We went to Stephen's for my mother's birthday. I had called the day before for a reservation for 13.
When we arrived the next night, we were led to a private room in the back that was set for us. It was lovely. The waiter, Dan, introduced himself and in turn we introduced ourselves. He made an impressive and successful effort in remembering all of our names. Great fun!
Needless to say, from there on out, service was excellent, waitstaff attentive and atmosphere was friendly and relaxed.
The food: we started with appetizers of diver scallops wrapped with bacon. Delicious! Then on to Caesar salad, again delicious but I would suggest sharing. They are huge. Bread and dipping oil, as well as butter, was continuosly replenished. My main course was the flounder stuffed with crabmeat. It was very good but I may have appreciated it more if I would have actually still been hungry. Not sure about you, but I could make a meal of salad and bread. I'm sorry I did that here. My husband had the filet Oscar,he said was excellent.
Since the event was for my mom's birthday the waitsaff came out and sang to her. Some good voices! She loved it!
After dinner we went to the front bar area and listened to a fabulous jazz band. We danced and sang and had an after dinner drink.
It was a great night for all!!!

Wallingford, Pennsylvania
“Took my mom visiting from out of town”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My mom's from the suburbs of Detroit so doesn't expect a whole lot from restaurants - in fact, she looks forward to her visits to the Philly area for good food. She did not get it at Stephen's. Nor did we get good service. I can't believe this place can even stay open considering that every single restaurant that I've been to in Media has been more pleasurable than Stephens.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Aerenchyma
Media, Pennsylvania
“OK, but not wonderful”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I went for our anniversary. We got the special, steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was OK, but nothing special and they really didn't make us feel special. Atmosphere a little dark and dreary and services lackluster. Probably won't go again.

Visited February 2012