“Fishing at Linvilla Orrchards”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Linvilla Orchards

Linvilla Orchards
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Media
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Linvilla Orchards, about 30 miles from Philadelphia, celebrates its 103rd year in 2017. In addition to environmentally-focused indoor miniature golf, this is a 300-acre family farm dedicated to agriculture, environment and education. The farm market sells a broad range of fresh produce and gourmet specialties. Load up on their signature pies, homemade salsas and guacamole. The Orchards Garden Center features an array of annuals, perennials, herbs, succulents, fruit trees, shrubs, evergreens, soils, mulches, garden tools and plant care products.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fishing at Linvilla Orrchards”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

So much fun.
I took my 5 year old son on a Late August afternoon.
$7.00 for fishing and rental of a pole..and bait is available.
All size poles to choose from.
Then we had a hay tractor pick us up and deliver us to the fishing spot..and I thought for sure we would have had a lot of company..no one was there..just the two of us.
We had a lot of laughs,(As I nor he had ever been fishing..and putting a worm on the end of a hook is not my cup of tea) caught a fish and placed him back in the water.(Yet again another experience).
We had a lot of fun and would recommend this to everyone.
Only one thing..I would suggest you bring drinks and sun block as the are very few trees for shade!

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Disgusting....”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here for years and am proud of the growth the farm has done but seriously clean it!!!! I will never return here with my children. The play area has to be the thilfiest place I have ever saw... The poor animal areas are even worse. It may be free but it don't have to be dirty.

1 Thank Funkyme1972
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“nasty and race discrimination”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have been a customer at this Orchards for years and provided our support to this farm to recover from fire disaster a few years ago.
My wife and I went there this afternoon (Saturday 24Aug13) for a walk, watched a yoga group practicing at the lawn, and was about to return to our car at 7:15 PM. The orchards owner stopped her car besides us and told us that the orchards was closed and we should go home. We were walking towards our car while the owner was driving her car closely behind us. It was a little humiliating and I asked her why she was following us. The owner said we walk too slow and trespassed her private property. Maybe she was expecting us to run. She horned her car for minutes and threatened to call police. Even after we drove our car from parking lot, she didn't stop harassment by talking photo of my license plate.
We are Asians. During the whole 5-10 minute interaction with her, we heard nasty tone, rude behavior and discrimination towards minority. Here we would like to share this bad experience and would like to hear your comment and advice.
We will not go to this orchards any more. That's for sure.

11 Thank Brian H
Philadelphia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Inexpensive fun but not the cleanest”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I like Linvilla because it is free, offers a fun playground and is home to a nice little petting zoo. I just wish they would upkeep the grounds. During a recent trip we spotted three dead chickens in the coops. The playground needs major weeding and often has trash in it. The slides are a muddy mess. I like the "outdoorsy" feel but wish Linvilla kept up with sanitation.

Media
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great place to go”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I like getting my vegetables and fruit from here. During the fall we go and pick out plants and get things for Halloween.

Visited July 2013