“Your Grandfather took you there.”
Review of D'Ignazio's Towne House - CLOSED

D'Ignazio's Towne House
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

From time to time, I have occasion to visit this standby.This restaurant has been pleasing people for over 50 years.
It is noted for longevity of the servers, and the quality of basic food--perhaps with an Italian flare.
There is a bar which also has booths. There are cheese and crackers, and peanuts in the shell on the bar, as well as popcorn for the taking. Dining rooms are plentiful. This restaurant can accomodate a date for two, or a party for a few hundred. The upstairs contains areas for functions. And, there is a "wine cellar" which is used for reserved dining.
Reservations are accepted. The staff, at all levels, is courteous, and willing to assist and accomodate.
Every dinner receives a basket of Garlic Bread(really, rolls split and treated and served from the oven), and salad( greens,carrot, olive, peperincini, garbanzos, tomatoes, corn(baby), cucumber, and onion). Dressing is to your request.
The decor is eclectic: lanterns from the railways, pots and pans, rifles, clocks, etc. AND, IT IS CLEAN.
Parking is on the street, in the bank across the street(on Sunday), or at the parketeria a block away. Wheel chair accessible.
Located in the County Seat of Delaware County, PA, two blocks to the Court House, one never knows who might be sitting near....witnesses, judges, bailiff, attorneys, sheriffs, politicians, etc. This near Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, Horse racing, casino, Delaware River, Bridge to NJ, Chester County(art: Brandywine Museum--homage to neighbor: A. Wyeth), and Delaware(no state sales tax).
Open 7 days a week, special pricing announced, and has shows. Yes, one can have food and entertainment, as scheduled.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family went to the restaurant and was VERY disappointed. The service was awful and the food was something from a school cafeteria or cheap diner. My wife had salmon that was strong and way over cooked. I had spagetti that Ragu would win hands down and the pasta was over-cooked and soggy. The salad was iceburg with a tomatoe more white/green than red. You would think the garlic bread would be a no brainer but it was more like a hot dog bun with garlic sprinked on. With a name like D'Ignazio's could they not at least splurge on fresh Italian bread from a bakery near by.

The bill was inexpensive but it was poorly prepared, cheap ingredients, and bad service.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have been dining at the Towne House since we moved to Media 26 years ago. The food has been consistently good. Their Veal Marsala is our favorite. They have daily specials, a birthday club card that offers free wine and dessert, endless garlic bread and the prices are reasonable. We have always been seated promptly. The antique collection will keep you entertained while waiting for your meal. We have also had our work Holiday party here and a few celebrations and everyone has been pleased. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

For the past several years we have been giving friends gift cards to the Towne House for Christmas presents. We have had the pleasure of going to the Buffet and Show nights at the Towne House. They are great fun and it is the best buffet I've ever been to. Today I went to purchase eight tickets for the June 22 Jimmy Buffet tribute. A very nice hostess, Chris Christy told me I could no longer use the gift cards to purchase tickets for the shows,the policy had changed. I was really surprised. Of course with $220 in gift cards, I was not prepared to pay the $480 the eight tickets would have cost without the use of the cards.. Chris said but wait I'll get the manager When he came I explained my delema.He kindly said yes I could use the gifts cards this last time. Thank you Michael Howanski, you have made eight old friends very happy and we really look forward to another great night of great food and great entertainment at the Towne House. Sincerely, Jackie Sallade

Reviewed February 17, 2012

They havre great seafood and Italian specialties plus all the others. Great garlic bread. Occasion entertainment in dining area. Busy bar atmosphere with piano man. Free popcorn, peanuts, cheese/crackers. Fun place filled with lots of antiques, etc.