“Pavilion #14 Group Picnic”

Ridley Creek State Park
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Media
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Pavilion #14 Group Picnic”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My social group used Pavilion #14 for our Annual Picnic, and it was perfect! Large pavilion (we had 50+ attend the picnic), on a flat openly-wooded spot, and with permanent bathrooms just thirty yards back from the very-large parking area. VERY private. -- Ridley is a huge and varied park, with mostly steep walking (and thus hard on small kids to hike at). HOWEVER: It also has the Colonial Plantation, which is a must-see for 8-to-13-years-olds (real animals!). This is a family park, with something for your family regardless of make-up (tour the old mansion, for example -- there's a pavilion by its parking lot too, as i recall). -- NOTE: I heard there was a small cost to Reserve the pavilion (see the website or call the phone number). -- NOTE: Clientele: I have been to Ridley many times, and have never seen a clientele problem. The pavilions are usually far separated.

Visited August 2013

Scituate,ma
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great State Park”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

So many things to do and they all are fun. This is a huge park. It has trails , bike paths, picnic areas, grilling areas, park benches, mansions, horses, historic Colonial Plantations and lots of space and room to enjoy the outdoors. Just a remarkable place for all to enjoy !

Visited October 2013
pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“if you love the outdoors”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

great walking trail just under 5 miles in a loop, a good portion though is a steep hill. was a great workout runs along the creek for a portion and also a meadow with a nice view. plenty of parking and bathrooms (even along the trail)

Visited September 2013
Havertown, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My trail of choice”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

When I started my exercise regimen this year I decided to go to Ridley Creek because I knew they had a walking/jogging trail. The trail is just about 5 miles around. It is a very beautiful and serene path. It can be a little intimidating when the trail is sparsely populated but the natural beauty is comforting. There are many different options to get on the trail so I always mix it up so I dont get bored. Of all of the trails I have found in my area this is still my absolute favorite. ENJOY!

Visited September 2013
Pasadena, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Colonial Plantation - educational and fun!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This review is for the Colonial Plantation only. I took my daughters ages 6 and 9 for a Saturday visit and it totally exceeded my expectations. The Plantation is a collection of buildings and surrounding land that has been painstakingly restored to its original 18th century conditions and functions according to its original methods, in terms of taking care of the livestock, the gardens, the cooking, the blacksmithing, etc. What truly makes this place alive is the core of volunteers who are passionately devoted to colonial life; we really got a sense of what it was like from listening to their frustrations over fighting the groundhogs who eat the squash they've planted, or helping them churn to make butter and ice cream, or looking with the groundskeeper for the baby sheep. My children loved it and I could not recommend it more highly.

Visited August 2013