“Not worth the trip!”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Not worth the trip!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We asked our server to recommend their best dish, and she advised us everything is good, so we couldn't go wrong- right? WRONG! The chicken platter was served with tasteless humus and the chicken was so dry I couldn't chew it. We tried the meatballs and thankfully they were good. I love baklava so we also ordered a piece and was served a tiny piece of baklava that was also very dried out. Overall a disappointment.

• Visited December 2013

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Authentic, but Overrated”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We tried this restaurant because of all of the great ratings that it received on TripAdvisor, and I suppose we got our hopes up a little too high. While the food seemed fairly authentic, it was very lacking in taste, and overpriced for what you get. Moreover, the setting is a bit too casual and not very comfortable. The front door doesn't close on its own, so if someone leaves and forgets to close it, all of the heat in the place is out the door in a flash (I almost wore my coat the entire time). Also, you have to walk through the kitchen in order to get to the bathroom, which is a first. I think this place would be fine for a fast casual lunch, but isn't appropriate for dinner. I'm not sure what other reviewers are seeing in this place, but we probably wouldn't return unless there was a new menu and better accommodations.

• Visited December 2013
Pennsylvania
“Great Mediterranean cuisine”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've eaten here three times for lunch and love it. While the restaurant doesn't have much ambiance, it's like a comfortable and spotlessly clean diner. Our server, friendly and enthusiastic, was the wife of the couple who run "Desert Rose", an Israeli with firsthand knowledge of Mediterranean cuisine. She enthusiastically explained the different dishes, the level of spice, etc. I've had the Desert Rose Shawarma as the pita sandwich, and also as the platter with hummus. I loved both. I know I need to try other things, but it's so good! The desserts ... baklava, and other delicacies ... were homemade and wonderful. Reasonably priced and highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
West Chester, PA
“Interesting”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Not very familiar with Mediterranean Middle Eastern Food. I asked the server to recommend and explain what to order so we could sample things. She was not very helpful we over ordered by not know quantities served. THe pita is great and so was the humus. I was not familiar with Shawarma at all and thought I'd try it. They offer one as a sandwich and another as a platter. Opted for sandwich but should have done the platter. The chicken shawarma was tasty and the cabbage slaw a very good accompany to it.
The Labaneh sandwich that my husband ordered was fair he said.

Visited June 2013
media
“Best Food in Media”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I been there three times in three days. The food is superb. The chicken is to tender and juicy that you cannot stop eating. In addition, the hummus is fresh and tasty. My wife and I are real foodies and this place exceeds our expectations. I don't remember the last time I said that for a restaurant.
Remember, its a small place operated by a husband and wife. Thus, if you are expecting 5 star service and atmosphere, go to Azzie. However, if you want to eat like in the old country, go to Dessert Rose.
Owners stay the course and keep doing what you doing. I will be there for lunch tomorrow again. Thank you for bringing real authentic Mediterranean cuisine in our town.

• Visited June 2013