“Tiny Place with Average Food, Almost No Parking”

La Porta Ristorante & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Media
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Porta features regional Italian cuisine drawing inspiration from all across Italy, with classic theory and Chef McAndrews' personal finesse. Our menu changes often to provide the freshest seasonal ingredients. We welcome you to enjoy an authentic Italian experience with good friends and good wine. Buon Appetito!
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Tiny Place with Average Food, Almost No Parking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I drive by this place often on the way home from work and saw it transform from a dive bar to an Italian restaurant so i was eager to check it out. My girlfriend and I showed up on a Saturday night and couldn't find a spot. FYI if you're heading Northbound on 352 there is Valet on the North side of the building that will you miss unless you drive all the way around the tiny lot. Yes, you're probably going to have to pay for valet as well, it's free of course but you do have to tip. Inside the restaurant there is a great northern cabin feel redone in kind of a historic Pennsylvania style. Really nice but small and crowded. I ordered the lamb ragu and my girlfriend ordered the gnocci. I read a previous review where the reviewer stated that the gnocci was kind of bland and I agree, nothing to write home about and my girlfriend didn't enjoy it. The lamb was a bit tastier but it still wasn't worth another visit. Most of their food is done in a tiny open kitchen with a brick oven with a lot of pizza's to choose from. I'll give this place another try and come back for the pizza.

• Visited November 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Reasonably good food obnoxious politics”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had lunch there and liked the decor and the food. However the posting of a huge political sign outside the establishment turned my stomach. If it had been a small standard sized sign I would have considered it the American right to self expression...ir is the size of the sign (it's HUGE) that made me decide never to patronize this restaurant again

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Trish M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not Our Usual Local Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

What a transformation! The recently opened La Porta is very nice. Be sure to ask about the custom hand-crafted bar. It is a small structure and can sometimes get a bit loud, so it's best if you like being around people. The service is always good. But the menu is the best, but not for picky eaters (they can have the awesome wood fired pizza). Really interesting choices, not typical to places in and around Media.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Susan P
Chennai (Madras), India
“Fabulous Weekend Eatout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

T took me around Grace Winery for some lovely personal wine tasting (at Napa, it was so noisy and terribly commercial, I hated it) T took me to La Porta for a lovely evening. Hanging out with T, I now enjoy sitting at the bar rather than take the usual tables. It is a lot of fun for sure and when you have Bruce for a bartender, it is even more worthwhile. I had a glass of their house Sangria while T had some white wine, followed by another glass of more white wine for both of us.

For starters, I ordered the bruschetta which was served with avacodo spread and salsa topping and also the deep fried cheese topped with avacados which we both loved, hands down.

For the main course, I ordered the Gnocchi, which is potato dumplings at its finest, delicate touch while T ordered a different kind of pizza with egg, gorgozolla cheese and ham which he devoured.

We both absolutely loved it. Great service, good food and a perfect fit for a Saturday night.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank AquaM78
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“The Old Locust Crest has Grown Up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This used to be a neighborhood dive bar with 35 cent draft beers. The new owners gutted the place down to the walls and rebuilt it. the food is good, the service is good. I love their appetizers and wood fired oven pizzas. The pizzas are creative and exceptional. The dinner specials are usually very good as well. A welcome addition to the neighborhood.

Visited August 2012