“Start with a Margarita”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Transit: Bus, Trolley or the R3 Septa Regional Rail will bring you to Diego's
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped by for dinner on A Saturday evening. The bar was full and quite noisy. If you want to enjoy conversation ask for a table far away from the bar.
Chips and guacamole were great
Our enchiladas were ok served with good black beans and rice
We enjoyed the Cadillac margaritas

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

What they serve is an affront to Mexican cuisine.

Went there last night fir dine under the stars and granted they were busy. That is no excuse to bad food.

Server was nice but running around crazy. Bus staff were friendly and nice. By golly, they need to get someone who can cook.

Wasted money! Sigh!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Never one to go out on cWAzY Nights like New Yr's Eve or Cinco de Mayo, so my son & I stepped into this Tequila Bar & Cantina the day after on a Sunday...And with more business for a Sunday w/o any local teams going too bonkers on the TV's, I was surprised how busy they were... Short staffed and still recuperating from the festivities from the night before, I'm sure....But, we were still in VERY capable hands thanks to the lovely and experienced, Lisa ~

Although, my first 2 choices were SOLD-OUTS, Stella on tap and Empanadas, we still struggled through and managed to have a delightful meal....So, anyway, Their tostittos with salsas ap was terrif, and my son LOVED their Borrito Bowl w/steak, rice, beans & salsa...and I felt much the same about their Chicken Quesadilla w/Chihuahua Cheese, Salsa, Beans w/ Quacamole...!?! Ah Caramba!?!
Also tried their Bourbon Pulled Pork Taco apps which were REALLY tasty....Could eat about 17 of those suckers!!! Whoop! WHOOP!!

Like I said, even with some early back-steps, the bottom line was very satisfying, and I'm sure we'll be back for more FIESTA style treatment.....Manana, of course ~

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

We had friends in from out of town and decided to go to Diego's in Media. I am hard pressed to think of a worse meal that I have ever had. We arrived at 5:30. There were 2 people at the bar and one other table of four in the back. The waitress took our drink order and returned promptly. We ordered our food and it was all downhill from there. The waitress came back to us at about the hour and ten minute mark asking if we needed more drinks, to which I asked if the kitchen was short staffed. She shrugged, grunted and walked away. Ten minutes later she came back to tell us that the vegetable empanadas were falling apart while cooking so we agreed that the chicken empanadas were fine. Finally an HOUR AND A HALF after ordering our food arrived at the table. My fajitas were pretty much all peppers and onions. What little meat there was, tasted ok. The tortillas were cold. The empanadas one vegetable and one chicken were barely edible and the other two orders of soft taco, weren't so soft. The soft taco tortillas were so hard they crumbled with the first bite. It was if they had been reheated multiple times. I emailed the restaurant the day after our visit to give them a chance to respond to our awful experience prior to posting a review. I have yet to receive any type of response from the restaurant. I am not sure whether I am more disappointed in our terrible meal or the restaurants lack of response. Do yourself a favor and save your money.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank dmbtoo
Reviewed December 25, 2017

I loved the different foods that we where able to get. Are friends from Kansas City? Liked trying the guacamole and drinks out.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Diego's Cantina? Share your experiences!