“Great dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diego's Cantina

Diego's Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 116 Restaurants in Media
Transit: Bus, Trolley or the R3 Septa Regional Rail will bring you to Diego's
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

We came here as part of the dining under the stars on a Wednesday night. We had to wait a while for our food but it was nice out and they kept refilling our chips. The guac was really good. Everyone in my group really enjoyed our food and it was nice that it was BYOB. I would go back again.

• Visited August 2014

“Bartender's Choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Even though I'm only going three stars here, I am surprised the place isn't busier than it is. We stopped in on a Thursday night at about 6, and the bar was half full ... the restaurant, totally empty. We were seated and took a look at the menu. Nothing on the menu is a surprise -- all traditional american mexican -- tacos, burritos, enchiladas with red or green chili, etc ... a few entrees offered as well, but again , no big surprises. I did enjoy the green chili sauce a lot. and the house made tortilla chips were yum. Drinks were hit or miss -- some were very weak, but I have to give a shout-out for the Bartender's Choice which that night (ordered at dessert) was a mexican play on a white russian and *really* good. Service was excellent throughout the night and the food was fine, just nothing too memorable. But Media is seriously lacking in acceptable eating establishments, so three stars here is actually quite good. If you are in the neighborhood, give them some business -- it's worth a try.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Teri R
“Had its ups and downs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time tonight for dinner with my Mom. It had its ups and downs.

Chips and salsa are served...which is always a bright spot of going to a Mexican/Spanish restaurant. They were pretty good. The chips tasted possibly stale. We had nachos as an appetizer...added guacamole. Both the nachos and the guac were good. My mom ordered a flavor of the month margarita...peach/mango and I ordered a chambord margarita. They both tasted like straight up tequila. If John Taffer from bar rescue visited this place, he would tell the bartender that more alcohol does not mean you'll have a better drink. I was charged $3 extra for Chambord but it looked like I barely got an eye droppers worth of Chambord. My Mom wouldn't drink hers and it got thrown away. I eventually finished mine once it got watered down. We both got the veggie burrito and got it "rancheros" style. It was good. I would try the enchiladas the next time.

We liked the look of the place. It was very warm, though. The further back you went, the hotter it got. We were both sweating by the end and couldn't wait to put the air on in the car!

The bathrooms are single stalls so it was constantly busy. It smelled like bleach which to me, is a sign of cleanliness. Everything was automatic...the sink, the soap, the paper towel dispenser.

We were sitting all the way at the back of the restaurant by the door (and a plant). During our appetizer, I saw a very speedy ant spending across the table toward me. This grossed me out but it's summer and stuff happens so I continued without making a scene. One was then on my Mom's arm and another one again on the table a few minutes later. We moved to the table across from us and notified the waitress. The manager came over to apologize. She seemed very friendly and sincerely sorry and let us know that she was going to get the exterminator in to take a look. She sent over complimentary churros which were AMAZING! However, when we were finished dessert and waiting for the check, there was another ant on the new table. We went to the hostess stand to ask for our check. At this point, I think we should have received a discount off of the check because it was pretty pricey which was fine on a regular day but considering the ant situation and the fact that my Mom didn't even drink her margarita...I think more should have been done.

Nevertheless, it seemed like a nice place and the food was pretty good. Unfortunately, sometimes ants get unruly in the summer. Hopefully this was an isolated incident and will be taken care of. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I will probably try it out again...when it's cooler out...and I definitely won't want to be seated in that back room!

“Downhill lately.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Have been here several times, and have gotten their steak dish each time. Unfortunately while the dish wowed at first, it has gone severely downhill since. The service has also been suffering. Would not recommend for dinner.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My stomach has been in knots for 12 hours!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Decided to try Diego's for the first time during Media's first ever restaurant week. This could have been the initial problem, since I know that some places cut corners during promotional times like this. We were offered a three course selection and both my friend and I choose the grilled ribeye main entree. Needless to say I woke up this morning with terrible stomach issues and found out shortly thereafter that my friend was suffering from the same symptoms.
Never again will I visit Diego's!!!
I don't want to feel this way ever again!!
I only hope that Diego's normal food items are of better quality for future patrons.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Diego's Cantina? Share your experiences!