“My stomach has been in knots for 12 hours!!!!”
Review of Diego's Cantina

Diego's Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 123 Restaurants in Media
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Transit: Bus, Trolley or the R3 Septa Regional Rail will bring you to Diego's
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Decided to try Diego's for the first time during Media's first ever restaurant week. This could have been the initial problem, since I know that some places cut corners during promotional times like this. We were offered a three course selection and both my friend and I choose the grilled ribeye main entree. Needless to say I woke up this morning with terrible stomach issues and found out shortly thereafter that my friend was suffering from the same symptoms.
Never again will I visit Diego's!!!
I don't want to feel this way ever again!!
I only hope that Diego's normal food items are of better quality for future patrons.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I have been to Diego's three time since July. Each time we said to ourselves "this bad experience must be a fluke." After three visits, it's no fluke. The hostesses up front are rude. The food is sub-par. The atmosphere stinks. On our first visit, the entire restaurant is empty, but they take us to a tiny 2-top at the very back of the restaurant. We ask to get moved to a bigger table/booth. We're told no, they're for bigger parties. Ok, but the place is EMPTY. There are no bigger parties. 2nd visit, we bring the kids and are ignored up front waiting for a table. 3rd visit, we go for happy hour and try to sit at the high bar tables up front. Again, we're told no. We say we want to get margaritas and food. We're told no again - those tables are for people who want service. ??? We want service! We want a hostess who's pleasant and can put two thoughts together! Go someplace else. Anyplace else. This place stinks.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were very happy with a high top table in the front of the restaurant with a huge open window, we ordered two margaritas which were good. We ordered queso fundido with chorizo as an appetizer and thats when things went down hill. Whenever I have ordered this in the past, it was served as a dip ( Mexican fondue ) hence the name! I could not find a piece of chorizo! It was as if they ground it up finer than ground beef and topped it with thick cheese that was one big gloppy mess. You could not dip into iit with the chips....we had to cut it with a knife and fork in order to eat it. We then ordered chicken fajitas for $19 and the dish came with little or no Chicken.....ok, so maybe they gave us vegetable fajitas by mistake, as the table next to us ordered that. They
remedied this by bringing as small bowl of chopped up chicken ......not strips , chopped up chicken. We dumped it on top of the vegetable mess they originally brought which was mainly onions...it all had the same color.... peppers, chicken and onions and no flavor. How can you mess up grilled chicken!!?? This was REALLY BAD FOOD! I did ask for the manager who was nice enough and removed it from the bill. I told her that the only decent thing on the plate was the guacamole, which of course is not cooked! The kitchen has a major problem here. Atmosphere is nice....go for margaritas and guacamole......don't eat anything they have to cook.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was not an easy place to review, especially since we have been to Mexican restaurants in Mexico and more recently in New York and Philadelphia. The food was adequate and well prepared but not very imaginative and the selection was small Like another reviewer, we enjoyed the chips and the salsa, but the main courses did not adequately represent the best Mexican cooking. On the other hand, the Margarita was quite enjoyable. I think the problem is that the place is a small restaurant with a bar that you enter to go to the back dining room with no real feeling of Mexico. It is fairlyn new and has a chance to improve its style

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went to Diego's because my husband is a Tequilla drinker. We were stunded that they didn't carry Jose Gold. I thought! Who does this?? The food was just fair and way over priced!! Mexican food with fine dinning prices? Once was enough thank you!
As a Executive Chef myself, all I can say is, SHAME ON YOU!

Been to Diego's Cantina? Share your experiences!