“Wolff's What a Perfect Place”

Wolff's Apple House
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Media
Reviewed November 11, 2012

While visiting friends in Media, we wanted to make some Hubbard Gingerbread Souffle as well as Cauliflower Soup and Butternut - Truffle Soup...........so they took us to Wolff's. What a most wonderful place! Such fresh and beautiful produce and such a great shopping experience. We were able to purchase all things we needed to make our culinary delights, including the spices. The fruit and vegetables were quite simply amazing. We so enjoyed our visit that during the few days we spent in Media, we returned 4 times! We even purchased Mums for the front porch and the colors were so bright and beautiful. Oh by the way, the dishes we prepared from the produce we purchased turned out supreme. Wish we had Wolff's near where we live! I would go just to hang out in front of the wonderful fireplace.

2  Thank Emil F

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I grew up going to Wolff's for produce. It was the only store my mother would allow me to enter by myself when I wanted to be a "big girl" and get our family's corn for dinner or something + pay for it all on my own. Pete, the owner, is normally around and into what's going on. The kids they hire are almost always sweet and helpful. My husband and I now live a couple towns away but we always make a stop there when nearby. Their peaches, tomatoes, and corn are the best quality around. More expensive, but worth it in our opinion. My husband is from CT and he did not believe me when I told him hoe awesome Jersey tomatoes were... he was BLOWN away! He LOVES Jersey tomatoes now. If we have company I will make the hour roundtrip to Wolff's just to get quality produce. We also love their cider in the fall, and no one else can match their apples either. We particularly love the seconds they offer, which we use for salsa, bruschetta, and pies in the summer. Awesome! They have changed the store format over the years, offering more or less of certain departments, sometimes adding cold cases or taking them away, etc. but the constants (produce) are what we return for year after year. My dad likes to call this place "snob produce" but hey, you want the best, they have the best.

1  Thank Boombafam
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Many fresh fruit choices; prices are reasonable; real nice garden center with lots of flowers, shrubbery, wreaths etc.; other 'special' food choices like ribs, chili available periodically.

1  Thank irishpattymay