“Charlottes Web”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Charlottes Web”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I took my daughter here to see Charlottes Web and we absolutely loved it. I almost went back to see it again. The theater has the greatest old world charm, and the cast gave out lemonade and animal crackers after the show. Just lovely!

Visited February 2013

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best little theater!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love visiting Hedgerow Theater because I have never seen a show that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I also love the old stone building it is housed in. It creates such a pleasing atmosphere with the actors and actresses greeting you after the show as you are leaving. They serve soft drinks and cookies during intermission. It is such a humble environment with so much good will toward its visitors. The shows are great and the prices are very reasonable.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Marni D
Tucson, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A Crowd Pleaser”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It has been three years since my wife and I left the Media area, but we still miss the Hedgerow Theater. This place is a gem. It is "out in the boonies" but it is a first rate attraction well worth the effort it takes to find it. Don't be surprised if the person directing you to a parking spot later turns up as the lead actor in the play you are going to see. One of the specialties of this troupe is its annual performance of a Ray Cooney farce. No one can say that the English don't have a sense of humor, and The Hedgerow players can prove that with their performances. The setting is a beautiful old gristmall converted into a live theater venue. As this is a teaching experience for aspiring actors, many performers lmove on after a few years to get experience with other acting companies. It almost feels as if you are losing a family member when this happens, however there are a few "lifers" who get to know you once you get hooked and come here regularly.

Visited November 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A little means a lot”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This pocket theatre is where stars are born, and may go on to shine elsewhere.
Rustic and regional, this theatre puts on good to great plays---standards and newbies. To stay alive, it competes with the Media Theatre, Media, PA, up the road. And, that theatre has equity players.
Sitting in Rose Valley, PA, it oozes the arts from its walls to the surrounding neighborhood. Look up : the school in Rose Valley.
Nestled in the vail between Chester and Media, this has survived all types of economies. And, it attracts all ages, from near and far. It truly is something for everyone.
Parking lot, and I do mean lot, on site.
Negative: I told you it was rustic. No plush accomodations here.

Visited August 2011
Philadelphia, PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Always a Quality Show”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Have been a patron since I was a child. I am always impressed with the quality of acting, which is my main draw to theater. Costumes, props, etc, are always great there too, but not things I value as much as the acting, and I'd say the acting is always well done, rivaling and often besting downtown playhouses. The play selection is normally on-the-money for our taste although sometimes a little on the political end, which I guess more locals seem to be into than we are. That's the closest I can come to complaining about Hedgerow.

All in all, we've always enjoyed the shows Hedgerow produces. (As a child I always loved the children's theater which is still going strong.)

The staff is always professional, friendly and helpful. The ambiance of the Art Nouveau/Arts & Crafts historic site is icing on the cake!

Visited February 2012