“Not what I was expecting”

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
New York City, New York
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Before coming to Mechanicsburg I did some research on the local hotels. The Park Inn had alot of solid and good reviews, so I decided to stay there. The check in went well and the gentlemen who waited on me was very kind. I was alittle shocked though to come to find out that the rooms were not at all connected to the hotel area. The setup is truly like a motel. But I thought oh well I would still give it a chance. My room was clean but on the small side. The pool area and fitness room could use atotal facelift. All in all would I recommend this hotel? No! For the cost per night there is alot of other hotels in the area to stay at. It was not what I was expecting at all. After reading all the good reviews to. Tripadvisor left me down this time. This hotel is not at all a 3 star hotel. Lastly when I went to checkout I heard two employees there joking about a fight breaking out the night before at the onsite dance club. For a women I felt fearful for my safety at that point. Never Again!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 22, 2011

For one this is not a Hotel, it is a Glorified Motel. The room was small but thankfully clean. Thanks to Hilda. Went to the indoor pool and found it to be dirty and gross. Then we decided to go get a late night drink and found the lounge to be filled with police officers and EMT. I can not say enough Do Not Stay Here!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I have the opportunity to travel and stay at many hotels all over the world over the course of a year, so it takes a lot to impress me.
To say I was impressed is an understatement.
I received a level of service while staying at this hotel that was so above and beyond that it was better than 5-star, elite level hotels costing 5 or 6 times the price I paid for a night.
My experience began with Katie wishing me a happy birthday when she picked me up in the airport shuttle. Rose ran me down a razor and shaving cream, as well as attended to some copying needs that I had.
Andrew made sure we had everything we needed and scheduled shuttles, etc.
Tony went above and beyond recommending a restaurant for my birthday dinner- he made reservations and took us to not just the best Thai restaurant, but one of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten at and set up a special meal that we will all remember for a long time. He then called to check on us and make sure we were having a good time.
This was by far and away the best service-related experience that I have ever had at any hotel chain all over the world.
Congratulations.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Hotel is nice enough, wish the rooms were a bit bigger since we have 2 small children but it's nice that they came with a fridge and microwave without me having to ask. It's hard with the kids to get out of the room in January because it's all exterior entrances no interior hallways at all. We didn't even check out the indoor pool since the last time we were there it was toooo cold in the pool and out to take our children in, to be fair I didn't even go in to check the temperature because I didn't want to dissapoint my sons if they couldn't go in. The staff was nice and the restaurant is pretty decent.

The hotel is easy to get to and it was easy for us to get around and find things to do. We went to the farm show and over to Hershey to Chocolate World during our stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 31, 2011

As I checked into the hotel I was greeted warmly by the staff. When we began the process of checking in, I was notified that I was selected as "Guest of the Day" and all perks relating to it were explained. The girls working the front desk were very helpful and nice. As I checked in a bit early, my room had not been cleaned yet, but I was shown around the lobby and introduced to the rest of the hotel staff and management, ending in a complimentary cocktail at Legends Bar!

My room was the cleanest I have ever seen in a hotel. I got settled in and returned to Legends Sports Bar and Grill. If you have not visted this place it is a "must visit". The food is incredible and the prices are very reasonable.

We had a significant snowfall the first night. However when I awoke in the morning and made my way for my comp hot breakfast (which was amazing as well), I noticed that the hotel staff had already cleared snow from the parking lot, and get this, they even wiped off the snow from all of the vehicles in the parking lot! Huge bonus for me and a lot of the other guests as this was the talk of everyone at breakfast. Great move by the staff!

I would really like to commend all of the frint desk staff. Their warm welcome and helpful attitude were the best. Also, Jess, the daytime bartender at Legends was a super host. She was helpful with food selections and had great conversation!!!

Great job to the Park Inn West and I look forward to staying with you again!
Kurt

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Sandy is a person with a great personality, always a "good morning" and a smile. The kind of server that makes a guest feel like she's glad they came in and welcomed back everyday there in the Hotel. My crew and I have stayed over 30 days and would not miss breakfast with Sandy. She is very well known and liked by many, many other guests as well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
NY
Reviewed January 15, 2011

One of the things we look forward to the most every year is seeing Sandy. She always has a smile on her face, goes out of her way to help you and is an awesome person!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business