Very unappealing road presentation. We arrived about 3 PM, but only 1 of our 2 rooms was ready. Front desk had rearranged our rooms to be near our daughter, who had arrived the night before. Desk said they would call when second room was ready but they never did. At 4, it was still not ready. We got in at 4:30. The room smelled faintly like smoke. It had the feel of a very low budget motel. In fact all rooms open to outside: no hallways. So in the winter how do you take advantage of pool and fitness?? The property is made of spread out buildings and we were in the most distant from desk. So the amenities required a long outdoor walk to enjoy or a car ride!!
At 1140 AM, we were stuck at an early lunch and I asked for a slightly delayed checkout. I asked for 12:30 or even 1:00. Front desk flat out refused!!! Check in is not until 4, and this slight delay seemed reasonable, but I was told NO!! The assistant manager on duty was also relatively rude about it.
Overall, this is an over-priced budget motel. It was unaccomodating and totally OK with providing a delayed checkin on their part but refusing a slightly delayed checkout on our part.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel sits on 22 acres of land and has shopping, theaters, restaurants and other activities within a 1 mile radius. Offers Indoor and outdoor pool, 24 Hour on-site fitness center, 24-hour business center and on-site laundry facilities. There is over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Picnic Groves, Outdoor Courtyard, Mini-golf course, sand volleyball courts, Softball field. - Home to 3 different places for food, drink and entertainment. Blarney's Irish Pub is a great place for dinner and a pint, Whiskey Ridge Saloon host the best country bands plus you can ride the mechanical bull, and Legend's Grille, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose one or visit all three. The hotel is right across the street from the Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and a short distance to the Farm Show Complex, Ski Roundtop, Carlisle Fairgrounds, Downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. We can accommodate picnics up to 1500 people and have outdoor facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We have 12 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn