“Front desk suggests a 5 but they earned a 1!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Very unappealing road presentation. We arrived about 3 PM, but only 1 of our 2 rooms was ready. Front desk had rearranged our rooms to be near our daughter, who had arrived the night before. Desk said they would call when second room was ready but they never did. At 4, it was still not ready. We got in at 4:30. The room smelled faintly like smoke. It had the feel of a very low budget motel. In fact all rooms open to outside: no hallways. So in the winter how do you take advantage of pool and fitness?? The property is made of spread out buildings and we were in the most distant from desk. So the amenities required a long outdoor walk to enjoy or a car ride!!

At 1140 AM, we were stuck at an early lunch and I asked for a slightly delayed checkout. I asked for 12:30 or even 1:00. Front desk flat out refused!!! Check in is not until 4, and this slight delay seemed reasonable, but I was told NO!! The assistant manager on duty was also relatively rude about it.

Overall, this is an over-priced budget motel. It was unaccomodating and totally OK with providing a delayed checkin on their part but refusing a slightly delayed checkout on our part.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank painfree1
David M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Dan Hatch.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Inn and the front desk representative was named Tony S. He was so helpful and informative, a great person to have represent any company. I wish ALL hotel service agents made staying away from home as pleasant as him. Way to be!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My furnace was broken and my family and I were going on night #3 without heat. We had enough so I used Priceline to book a night at a motel.
The woman who ran the desk was very helpful, especially in finding me a room that was more accommodating for my needs. My stay at the motel was a warm, relaxing refuge from our troubles and the late night cheesy bacon fries from the bar were good too!
I value getting my money's worth, my expectations were exceeded

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms above the nightclub are loud, but fun
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Only stayed one night. Is a large attractive building from the outside. Front desk staff pleasant. One wing of rooms was under construction, apparently they are being updated. Our room and bathroom was very clean. Bed was average, only 2 avg. pillows for the king size bed. Major problem was regulating the temp in the room, and the high NOISE level. Noise not so much from outside traffic, but from the room next to us. Seems to have "thin" walls. Ate lunch in dining room. Food was good, no complaints, average price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Granted I used priceline... Which I do on a regular basis to book rooms for colleagues... So the price was right but that was about all that was right about it. This is a motel. How a motel with ceiling tiles in the bathroom achieved a three star rating is beyond me. No elevators, dirty bathroom, door didn't close properly, a king size bed skirt on a full size mattress, a scratch and dent refrigerator that is at least 20 years old, no remote for the tv and the phone didn't work so no hope of a replacement unless I walk or drive to the office. Dissatisfied to say the least. I expected a lot more.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank JenniferWhit
David M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Park Inn Harrisburg West and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for David McCord.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

First of all, this is not a hotel at all! Probably even worse than most motels. If you want to get some sleep, don't go to this place!!! The room is smelly and super old. The wall is extremely thin. Even though we stayed in the very back side, we still here the street noise. We can hear pretty much every single word of the neighbors. One of us is still teenager, so being able to hear the neighbor was so awkward. So I'll never recommend this place if you are traveling with kids (or to anyone else). Furthermore, the AC is the loudest one I ever see in hotels. Even though we only set the temperature at 70 and set the mode to low, it still woke me up every time it turns on (which means every 5-10min or so). Plus, the line at the front desk is always long. The only good part about this hotel is the lobby, which looks like a 3-star lobby, but the rest of hotel is just like a motel.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Zenobiana

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for David McCord.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The place was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly. My girlfriend and I initially requested a room change because we wanted a single bed instead of two double beds and the staff quickly changed our room.

The food at the hotel was great as well (the restaurant attached) and the parking is right next to your room. The bathroom was clean and the hotel rooms were clean.

We stayed in complex 1 which is closest to the main hotel entrance. It was extremely close to a lot of other restaurants and about a 10-15 minute drive to Hershey Park.

Overall, we had an excellent experience and I will definitely stay here again when I go to Hershey Park. It was affordable and it was a pleasant hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in area 1 because its closest to the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback, we greatly enjoy reading your positive comments!